By Megan K. Mertz
The Rev. Michael Newman was elected to his second term as president of the LCMS Texas District at the district’s 62nd convention, held June 10–12 in San Marcos, Texas. He was elected on the first ballot.
Also elected were:
- John F. Davis, senior pastor of Memorial Lutheran Church, Katy, Texas, as first vice-president (second term);
- Allan C. Eckert, senior pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, San Angelo, Texas, as second vice-president (previously served as third vice-president);
- Larry G. Krueger, senior pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church, Waco (Bellmead), Texas, as third vice-president (previously served as Texas District secretary); and
- Nathan M. Wendorf, pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church, Harlingen, Texas, as fourth vice-president (first term).
The officers were installed at the convention.
Delegates also adopted resolutions to:
- Encourage member congregations to uphold and pray for the district’s goal to raise up 500 servant-leaders to reach 500 new communities by 2031;
- Forward lay evangelist training, congregation revitalization, and outreach as triennial mission and ministry emphases for consideration by the national Synod convention;
- Ask the Synod in convention to establish a process for discussion of controverted matters within the Synod;
- Propose that the Synod in convention establish a process for discussion of the celebration of the Lord’s Supper at home in times of crisis; and
- Request that the Synod in convention establish a process for the ratification of LCMS Commission on Constitutional Matters opinions.
Posted June 17, 2021