Reporter, the official newspaper of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is published monthly for LCMS professional church workers, lay leaders and members.
Reporter more than 34,000 of the most influential decision-makers in a nearly 2-million-member church body — LCMS pastors, teachers, chaplains, deaconesses, lay ministers, congregational chairmen and elders, parish assistants and directors of Christian outreach, Christian education, parish music and family life.
ReporterOnline carries your message even further than the readership of the print Reporter, reaching a wider audience throughout the LCMS as content is shared on the site and on LCMS social media channels.
Watch your reach grow as new customers find you through your advertisements both in print and online. Add visibility to your important message, and be at the top of our audience’s mind when they are looking for the good or service you provide!
For just pennies per customer, you reach the people you need to reach — the people most interested in what you offer.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Edition||Ad Cut-off Date||Artwork Due||Print Date|
*Print date indicates the date print publication is mailed. Digital ads will post to website the first day of month advertising is contracted for.
** Since Monday, May 31, is the Memorial Day holiday, Reporter will be delivered on Tuesday, May 25.
|Tall Sidebar Ad||$1,280||$1,175||$1,075||$989|
NOTE: Combination of two ad sizes affords 15% discount.
Combination of three ad sizes affords 20% discount.
|Ad Size||Wide (pixels)||Tall (pixels)|
|Tall Sidebar Ad||336||560|
File formats — JPG or PNG
Include master layer Photoshop file or TIFF if available
Recommended 16pt font size
Tools for creating the files: Photoshop, Illustrator, canva.com
**3X and 6X reflect a per-issue discount for placing multiple advertisements within a 12-month period.
|Size||Inches Wide||Inches Tall|
|Full Page||9 13/16||15|
|9 13/16||7 1/2|
|1/4 Page||3 13/16||9 1/2|
|5 13/16||6 1/4|
|1/8 Page||1 13/16||9 1/2|
|3 13/16||4 3/4|
|5 13/16||3 1/4|
|1/16 Page||1 13/16||4|
|3 13/16||2 5/16|
Note: Each Reporter page measures 11 X 17 inches.
Reporter accepts advertisements for products and services that are nationally available and would be used by congregations and their members.
If you are interested in placing an ad with Reporter, email Bonnie Parker at email@example.com or call 314-996-1202 to determine if space is available.
Provide us with the following information to be reviewed by the executive editor:
- a description of your company and services,
- a description of your product,
- intended ad message, and
- sample ad copy, if available.
Upon approval, we will send you a confirmation letter and contract detailing your insertion orders, rates and terms.
Note: We reserve the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time.
Reporter does not provide ad composition services. The following information should guide you when producing your ads:
- Black text, borders and rules should be in 100 percent black. Do not use RGB, spot colors or LAB color.
- Use the “U.S. Web Uncoated v.2” profiles to convert RGB photos to CMYK.
- Black-and-white images should be in Grayscale mode.
- Photo resolution: minimum 225 dpi; maximum 300 dpi.
- Line-art (1-bit) resolution: minimum 600 dpi; maximum 1,200 dpi.
- No bleeds.
- Design your ad in InDesign, Quark, or other layout software. Do not build ads in Photoshop.
- Send final ad art as a high-res PDF — contact Reporter for recommended PDF export settings.
- Recommended design practices for best reproduction on newsprint include:
- Minimum size for color text in a serif font: 12 points
- Minimum size for color text in a sans serif font: 8 points
- Minimum size for reverse (white) text on a 4-color process background: 12 points
- Minimum size for reverse (white) text on a single-color background: 10 points
- Minimum size for a 4-color rule or stroke: 2 points
- Total ink coverage (the sum of percentages of each ink used in a 4-color process mix) should not exceed 260%. This applies both to all 4-color process elements: images, text, strokes, fills, etc.
- File formats should be JPG or PNG
- Include master Layer Photoshop file or TIFF if available
- Recommended 16pt font size
- Tools for creating the files: Photoshop, Illustrator, canva.com
- Keep design simple
- Choose a clear and enticing call to action
- Frame the image
Submit files and direct any questions on ad production to Bonnie Parker at 314-996-1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.