Online registration is open for the 2013 National Lutherans For Life (LFL) Conference, set for Nov. 8-9 at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Urbandale (Des Moines), Iowa.
To register online, go to lutheransforlife.org/conference/.
A statement on the LFL website notes that by addressing that theme, the conference will help participants answer the question, “How do we live out our biblically-based, For Life convictions in this culture?”
The 2013 national conference opens Nov. 8 with a 5 p.m. worship service. Conference registration that day is 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Several pre-conference events also are planned for Nov. 8, including a pastors luncheon at 11:30 a.m. and several workshops scheduled for 1-4 p.m.
Speakers confirmed for the conference include:
- LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, who will deliver the keynote address on “L.I.F.E in the Church” at the Nov. 8 opening session that follows a banquet for conference registrants.
- Steve Deace, a nationally syndicated radio talk-show host from Des Moines.
- Linda Bartlett, a former LFL national president who is now with Titus 2 for Life, from Iowa Falls, Iowa.
- Jenny Farrell, a nurse from Davenport, Iowa, who will address post-abortion healing.
- the Rev. Peter Preus, Maple Grove, Minn., on dealing with suicide.
- John Talley, an attorney from Newark, Ill., on religious freedom.
- Chris Lamb, Kansas City, Mo., on protecting the family when dealing with the online world.
- Laura Davis, St. Louis, on “L.I.F.E. with Youth.”
- the Rev. Dr. James I. Lamb, executive director of LFL, based in Nevada, Iowa, who will speak on “L.I.F.E. Around the World” at a closing session that starts at 4 p.m. on Nov. 9.
Most of those speakers will lead workshops during three sessions on Nov. 9, when there also will be a youth servant event with Laura Davis. A dessert reception will close out the day on Nov. 8.
Conference registration fees are $100 for individuals, $50 for students, $30 for children ages 6 through 6th grade — and free for children under age 6. Day care will be available for children age 5 and under on Nov. 9. Financial assistance is available for students.
Those registering for the conference should make their own lodging reservations.
The main conference hotel is the Comfort Suites at Living History Farms, 11167 Hickman Road in Urbandale, Iowa (phone: 515-276-1126). Blocks of rooms also are set aside for conference attendees at the Sleep Inn at Living History Farms (11211 Hickman Road; 515-270-2424) and at the Wildwood Lodge (11431 Forest Avenue in Clive, Iowa; 515-222-9876). The LFL conference rate for lodging at these three hotels is $89 per night.
More information about the 2013 National LFL Conference is on the conference website at lutheransforlife.org/conference/.
Updated June 24, 2013