With the 2016 LCMS Youth Gathering less than a year away, a mid-August mailing of a DVD to all Synod congregations will have key information about the Gathering (including registration) and New Orleans — site of the July 16-20 event).
The mailing will be from LCMS Youth Ministry — sponsor and host for all 13 triennial Gatherings since 1980. The DVD includes nine brief videos related to the Gathering; the Gathering registration book containing all the information needed for registering congregations’ groups; and worksheets to record information needed for registration.
The nine videos address:
- the Gathering in general, suitable for youth to show to their congregations or at events. This video already is available on the Gathering website, lcmsgathering.com/promote.
- how LCMS Youth Gatherings have had impact on past participants, also already on that web page.
- how Gathering servant events make a difference, featuring interviews with several individuals whose sites or projects were helped by servant events in 2010, when the Gathering last took place in New Orleans. Several sites of planned 2016 servant events also are featured.
- the city of New Orleans.
- Gathering registration.
- transportation to and from New Orleans.
- Gathering hotels.
- welcoming the Gathering to New Orleans — by the city’s convention and visitors bureau.
- Martin Luther’s “stand” that led to the Reformation of 2017 — a video first made available by LCMS Youth Ministry in 2014.
On Sept. 9, groups may begin data entry for online Gathering registration at lcmsgathering.com/attend. Congregations will then mail in their registration materials with a postmark date of no earlier than Oct. 21. Registrations (including housing and program preferences) will be honored in the order in which they are received.
For more information, contact the Gathering office at email@example.com or 800-248-1930, Ext. 1155.
Posted Aug. 3, 2015 / Updated Aug. 4, 2015