Call for applicants: OIM business manager — Asia Region
The LCMS Office of International Mission announces an opening for the position of business manager, deployed internationally to the Asia Region.
The Office of International Mission, which relates to the Board for International Mission and implements its policies, is responsible to the president of the Synod through the chief mission officer for the work of the Synod in foreign countries as stated in the Bylaws:
“The Synod on behalf of its member congregations administers those ministries which can be accomplished more effectively in association with other member congregations through the Synod. In this way member congregations utilize the Synod to assist them in carrying out their functions of worship, witness, teaching and nurture, service and support as they seek to serve (1) our Lord Jesus Christ, (2) the members of His body, and (3) the world which stands in need of the Word and the impact of His redeeming love” (Bylaw 1.01, “Reasons for Organizing a Synod”).
The business manager — Asia Region position reports to the Asia regional director.
- assists the regional director to work effectively with our international partners, provide project and people management support, and ensure alignment between area tactical plans and global strategic initiatives.
- assists the regional director to create, implement and manage world-class programs, projects and systems that profoundly improve organizational capability and efficiency.
- assists the regional director with the preparation, monitoring, analysis and ongoing revision of the multi-year regional budget.
- develops and implements reporting tools and methodologies, primarily in the area of finance and regional operations, to support decision-making and documentation of initiatives within the region.
- provides financial leadership, process and training support for personnel engaging in strategic and tactical planning.
- serves as local steward and manager for LCMS properties and holdings within the region.
- works with regional leadership to orchestrate the effective implementation of program facets; assists in identifying resources to meet regional and global objectives.
- manages the regional accounting system and assists with the set-up and oversight of subsidiary systems in countries, as needed.
- serves as the custodian of all monies, bank accounts, stocks and other financial papers of LCMS Asia Region; facilitates all approved regional disbursements.
- other duties, as assigned by the Asia regional director.
- collaborates with the U.S.-based staff for purposes of uniformity in processes and best practices.
- networks with the business managers in other regions of work and/or with other international staff to consider practical improvements.
- an active, in good standing, member of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod or any of its partner churches, believing Holy Scripture is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and the teachings of the Lutheran Confessions are in full agreement therewith.
- experience and proven knowledge of fund accounting, internal control, international finance and treasury functions.
- experience working in an international or cross-cultural context.
- bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- CPA qualification or advanced training with 3 to 5 years of accounting/finance experience.
- managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
The deadline to apply or submit nominations is April 30, 2017. For more information about the LCMS, please visit lcms.org.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University Texas, Austin: nursing instructional assistant — skills; office assistant (Dallas/Fort Worth facility).
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon: assistant director of the Learning Resource Center; nursing simulation laboratory coordinator; physician assistant faculty — part time; director of Online Admissions; admission counselor — traditional undergraduate; marketing strategist — Admissions; theology faculty (Ann Arbor, Mich., campus).
- Concordia University Portland, Portland, Ore.: assistant faculty chair coordinator — College of Education.
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill.: assistant/associate professor of art; director of Counseling Services; assistant/associate professor of ESL Education; assistant/associate professor of theology.
- Concordia College—New York, Bronxville: registrar.
For more information about these and other positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit http://cusapps.cus.edu and click on “Campus Positions Available.”
Posted February 28, 2017