The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) announces an opening for the position of mission advocate, KFUO, housed at the LCMS International Center in St. Louis.
KFUO is the worldwide broadcast ministry of the LCMS. It has operated since 1924 and is the oldest continuously operating Christian radio station in the United States. KFUO provides Lutheran programming that nurtures the Christian faith and supports the witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ locally at KFUO 850 AM and worldwide, via livestreaming and on-demand programming, at kfuo.org.
- Plan and carry out an intentional strategy of donor engagement, including inviting gifts from prospective and active major donors, for the purpose of establishing and managing mutually beneficial relationships that lead to joyful major and principal gifts.
- Visit current and potential contributors one on one or in group settings (such as “KFUO Sundays”) to discover, nurture, invite and account for mutually beneficial gifts to KFUO.
- Create, schedule and deliver presentations for “KFUO Sundays” in response to inquiries from groups or organizations who are considering giving to KFUO’s ministry.
- Cultivate and manage donor care and donor/listener relationships via on-air, phone, email, mail and in-person communication.
- Accurately and truthfully record all plans, interactions, actions and the results of relationship-building and invitation activities in the KFUO database system in order to support future analysis, forecasting and planning.
- Identify, grow and maintain relationships with our underwriting partners.
- Collaborate directly with KFUO’s executive director, development manager and promotions and programming team in developing and monitoring donor engagement strategy and outcomes.
- Ordained minister of religion with (minimum) Master of Divinity degree.
- At least five years of experience in parish ministry, preferably in a team setting.
- Three or more years of experience in successful fundraising (preferred).
Posted March 29, 2021