Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, seeks a full-time director of music arts to work in the dean of the chapel office.
- Assist the dean of the chapel by organizing, supervising and coordinating all spiritual and musical activities that are formational experiences for students and the seminary worshiping community.
- Assist the dean of the chapel in designing a choral and musical program in corporate worship responsive to the liturgical and spiritual needs of the seminary community.
- Assist the dean of the chapel by providing musical leadership for the planning and execution of chapel services, including liturgy, hymnody, choral music and psalm settings for seminary services.
- Serve as principal organist/pianist for the seminary community.
- Oversee chapel choral program.
- Assist in teaching courses in Lutheran worship and music arts.
- Master’s degree in music; earned doctorate from an accredited institution preferred.
- At least five years of experience as a church musician in a Lutheran parish or academic setting.
- Exceptional organ repertoire and service playing skills.
- Excellent choral directing skills; knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing instrumentalists with a range of abilities.
- Significant experience with established worship practices in the LCMS coupled with sound judgment and “an appreciation of a variety of responsible practices and customs which are in harmony with our common profession of faith” (LCMS Constitution).
- Active member in good standing of an LCMS congregation, faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions, and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws, resolutions and policies.
- LCMS ordained or commissioned minister preferred.
Posted May 19, 2022