The Board of Regents of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne (CTSFW), with the approval of the LCMS president, seeks nominations for the position of CTSFW president. The deadline for nominations is Dec. 31.
The mission of CTSFW is to form servants in Jesus Christ who teach the faithful, reach the lost and care for all. The duties and responsibilities of the president as the “spiritual, academic, and administrative head” of the institution are described in the Synod’s Handbook (Bylaw 220.127.116.11). To fulfill these duties and responsibilities, nominees for this office will:
- Be a rostered, ordained member in good standing of the LCMS who has consistently and publicly demonstrated, in teaching and practice, his commitment to the Holy Scriptures and the primacy of the Gospel; faithfulness to the Lutheran symbolical books; dedication to the ministry of the Word and Sacraments; and the ability to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ clearly and persuasively.
- Possess an earned doctorate in theology or a related field of study and demonstrate the ability to understand and respond creatively and evangelically to contemporary theological issues and challenges.
- Have a minimum of three years’ pastoral experience in a congregation.
- Be dedicated to missions in fulfillment of our Lord’s mandate to “make disciples of all nations” (Matt. 28:19–20). Experience in local, global and multicultural missions is desirable.
- Be devoted to the centrality of worship in the life of the seminary community and support its spiritual life by word, deed and example within our church’s rich liturgical and hymnic tradition.
- Have ability and zeal for fundraising, donor development and strategic planning.
- Be able to articulate positively and joyfully the seminary’s mission and needs to various constituencies and to the community at large.
- Be willing and able to travel and represent the seminary both nationally and internationally.
- Be a faithful churchman familiar with the Synod’s history and structure, especially with regard to the seminary and its governance.
- Possess personal leadership qualities that inspire confidence and cooperation and foster a spirit of harmony and peace among students, faculty and staff, as well as the Synod’s pastors and people, church leaders and supporters of the seminary.
Nominations may be submitted by the congregations of the Synod, the CTSFW Board of Regents and the faculty of CTSFW (Bylaw 18.104.22.168.2(a)). Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Rev. William M. Cwirla, CTSFW Board of Regents, 6600 N. Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN 46825-4996. A form for congregational nominations is available at ctsfw.edu/presidential-search. Nominations must be received by Dec. 31.
Posted Oct. 27, 2023