The Concordia University System (CUS) announces an opening for the position of president.
The CUS is a separate, not-for-profit corporation under Missouri law that is operated according to its Articles of Incorporation and corporate Bylaws as well as the Constitution, Bylaws and resolutions of the LCMS. Its primary purpose is to facilitate ecclesiastical visitation and affirmation of the Synod’s colleges and universities and to assist with their cooperation and coordination. The CUS is governed by a board of directors that is partly elected and partly appointed.
Position responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate visionary and persuasive leadership to ensure a visible Lutheran identity among the colleges and universities of the Concordia University System.
- Serve as the executive officer of the CUS Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the LCMS Board of Directors.
- Work with the Concordia university presidents as they establish a cohesive and collaborative group and assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities to the Synod.
- Represent the CUS at church and public functions.
Position requirements include:
- Ordained minister of religion on LCMS roster.
- Five years of senior-level educational administrative and management experience in a college, university or seminary.
- Master’s degree in education or higher education administration. An earned doctorate is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the Lutheran Confessions and LCMS doctrine.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and fiscal management.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Experience working with state or federal educational agencies.
- Knowledge of accreditation at the university level.
Read a full position description and/or apply at lcms.org/careers. Nominations may be submitted to email@example.com. The deadline to apply or submit nominations is Feb. 29, 2024.
Posted Jan. 29, 2024