The registration deadline is Jan. 9 for the 2004 symposia series at Concordia Theological Seminary (CTS), Fort Wayne, Jan. 20-23.
“Echoes of Scripture in the Life of the Church” is the theme for the Jan. 20-21 exegetical-theology symposium. The theme of the Jan. 21-23 symposium on the Lutheran Confessions is “The Trinity in Biblical, Historical and Contemporary Perspective.”
Other than CTS faculty members, symposia speakers include the following:
- Dr. Richard B. Hays, professor of New Testament in the divinity school of Duke University, Durham, N.C.;
- Dr. Andrew E. Steinmann, associate professor of theology and Hebrew, Concordia University, River Forest, Ill.;
- Dr. David Maxwell, assistant pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Elkhart, Ind.;
- Dr. Peter R. Schemm Jr., assistant professor of theology, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, N.C.; and
- Rev. V’yacheslav Horkynchuk, bishop of the Ukranian Lutheran Church, Antonovycha, Ukraine.
The basic registration is $130 for the entire symposia series. Registration for the exegetical-theology symposium only is $50, and $105 for only the symposium on the Lutheran Confessions. Discounts apply for spouses and retired pastors, and registration is free for seminarians and prospective CTS students.
Registration includes a Jan 22 “heavy-hors d’oeuvres” buffet during a reception with symposia speakers and seminary faculty and staff at the Auburn Cord Duesenburg Museum in Auburn. The reception replaces the banquets of previous symposia.
Meal plans are available for additional costs. There is no on-campus symposia housing, but several Fort Wayne hotels are offering discounts for those registered.
In October, the seminary mailed a symposia brochure with a registration form to all pastors in the Synod.
To register, or for more information, go to http://www.ctsfw.edu on the Web, click on “Events” at the upper right, and then on “Symposia”; call (877) 287-4338, Ext. 2247, or write Theological Symposia, Concordia Theological Seminary, 6600 N. Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN 46825-4996.