Twelve Lutheran college fairs are planned this winter and spring at locations around the country. A fair in Phoenix took place too late for this issue of Reporter.
Representatives of the schools — the Synod’s 10 colleges and universities and those of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod — will be at the fairs to share information and answer questions. Most fairs also will have career-planning and financial-aid seminars.
Sponsored by the Lutheran Educational Conference of North America (LECNA), the winter and spring college fairs are primarily for high-school sophomores and juniors, along with their parents. Funding the fairs are LECNA-member schools and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
For detailed information about the colleges and universities represented at particular fairs or for directions to fairs, go to the LECNA Web site at www.lutherancolleges.org.
Following is a list of the upcoming fairs, alphabetically by cities where they will be held, along with phone numbers of the sites for directions only:
* Austin, Texas — Sunday, March 7 (3:30-7:30 p.m.), Omni Austin Hotel, 700 San Jacinto at 8th St., (512) 476-3700.
* Bloomington, Minn. — Sunday, April 25 (3:30-7:30 p.m.), Mall of America Grand Hotel, 7901 24th Ave. S., (952) 854-2244.
* Fargo, N.D. — Tuesday, April 27 (6:30-8:30 p.m.), Ramada Plaza Suites and Convention Center, 1635 42nd St. S.W., (701) 277-9000.
* Houston, Texas — Saturday, March 6 (1:30-4:30 p.m.), Courtyard by Marriott Houston near the Galleria, 3131 West Loop S., (713) 961-1640.
* Irvine, Calif. — Sunday, March 28 (3:30-7:30 p.m.), Crowne Plaza Irvine/Orange County Airport, 17941 Von Karman, (949) 863-1999.
* King of Prussia, Pa. — Monday, April 19 (6:30-8:30 p.m.), Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel and Conference Center-Valley Forge, 480 N. Gulph Road, (610) 337-4506.
* Milpitas, Calif. — Saturday, March 27 (1:30-4:30 p.m.), Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 1989 E. Calaveras Blvd., (408) 262-0506.
* Omaha, Neb. — Sunday, March 21 (3-7 p.m.), Omaha Marriott, 10220 Regency Circle, (402) 399-9000.
* Orlando, Fla. — Sunday, Feb. 22 (3:30-7:30 p.m.), Wyndam Orlando Resort, 8001 International Drive, (407) 351-2420.
* Rochester, Minn. — Monday, April 26 (6:30-8:30 p.m.), Radisson Plaza Hotel, 150 S. Broadway, (507) 281-8000.
* Sioux Falls, S.D. — Wed., April 28 (6:30-8:30 p.m.), Radisson Encore Hotel, 4300 Empire Place, (605) 361-6684.
* Vienna, Va. — Sunday, April 18 (3:30-7:30 p.m.), Tysons Corner Marriott, 8028 Leesburg Pike, (703) 734-3200.