Eight “Lutheran college fairs” are planned for October and November at various sites around the country.
Representatives of Lutheran colleges and universities nationwide — including those of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod’s Concordia University System — will be at the fairs to share information and answer questions. Most of the fairs also offer workshops on college planning and financial aid.
Sponsored by the Lutheran Educational Conference of North America (LECNA), the college fairs are designed primarily for high-school sophomores and juniors, along with their parents. Funding the fairs are LECNA-member schools and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
For more information about the colleges and universities represented at the fairs, or for directions, go to the LECNA Web site.
Following is a list of the upcoming fairs, alphabetically by cities where they will be held, along with phone numbers for directions only:
- Cleveland — Sunday, Nov. 13 (4-7 p.m.); Hilton Cleveland South, 6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, Ohio, (216) 447-1300.
- Des Moines, Iowa — Monday, Oct. 10 (7-9 p.m.); Sheraton West Des Moines, 1800 50th St., West Des Moines, (515) 223-1800.
- Detroit — Saturday, Nov. 12 (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.); Troy Marriott, 200 West Big Beaver Road, Troy, Mich., (248) 680-9797.
- Kansas City, Kan. — Monday, Oct. 17 (6:30-8:30 p.m.); Sheraton Overland Park Hotel, 6100 College Blvd., Overland Park, Kan., (913) 234-2100.
- Omaha, Neb. — Sunday, Oct. 9 (4-7 p.m.); Omaha Marriott Hotel, 10220 Regency Circle, Omaha, (402) 399-9000.
- Portland, Ore. — Saturday, Oct. 29 (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.); Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, 8235 NE Airport Way, Portland, (503) 281-2500.
- Seattle — Sunday, Oct. 30 (4-7 p.m.); Marriott Sea-Tac Airport, 3201 S. 176th St., Seattle, (206) 241-2000.
- St. Louis — Sunday, Oct. 16 (4-7 p.m.); Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel, 900 Westport Plaza, St. Louis, (314) 434-5010.
Posted Oct. 6, 2005