Oswald Hoffman School of Christian Outreach (OHSCO) seeks to fill the position of director of OHSCO. This is a full-time, tenure-track position with a two-year contract. The preferred starting date is Jan. 1, 2006.
OHSCO is an outreach education ministry. It creates mission vision and equips outreach leaders. Its three-fold mission is to: (1) prepare students for professional outreach (evangelism and mission) ministries; (2) encourage and develop an active outreach consciousness within the campus community; and (3) raise outreach vision, commitment, involvement, and leadership throughout the church.
The director of OHSCO will perform the following duties: administer and coordinate all aspects of OHSCO; seek funding for OHSCO and its ministries in concert with Concordia University; coordinate OHSCO’s marketing and public relations efforts; develop, host, and lead workshops, seminars, and outreach programs for The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS); teach Christian outreach courses for the College of Vocation and Ministry; encourage and promote a mission emphasis and its outreach ministries on the CSP campus; and highlight and promote the professional outreach ministries in and for the LCMS.
- Minimum of a master’s-level degree, terminal-level degree preferred.
- Ordained minister of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod preferred.
- Five-seven years experience in mission contexts/ministries and administration of related programs.
- Three years experience in development and fund-raising.
- Three years experience in teaching and instruction; higher education experience preferred.
- Three years public-relations experience.
To apply, send an application letter, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Eugene Bunkowske, Chair, Master of Arts in Christian Outreach Program, Concordia University-St. Paul, 275 Syndicate St. N., St. Paul, MN 55104-5494; e-mail: email@example.com.
Questions can be directed to Melanie Vasterling, assistant to the director for Outreach, at (651) 641-8701; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position requires commitment to the mission of Concordia University, St. Paul. Concordia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply. However, because Concordia is an institution of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, active members of Lutheran churches may be given preference. See our Web site at http://www.csp.edu/employment/; or learn more about Concordia University, St. Paul, at http://www.csp.edu/.
Concordia University, St. Paul, Minn., seeks to fill full-time, tenure-track faculty position of director of Christian Education Program in the Department of College of Vocation and Ministry. The preferred starting date is January 2006.
Position Responsibilities: The person in this position is responsible for providing visionary leadership and administrative direction to the director of Christian Education program. The successful candidate will provide a vision for ministry in the 21st century and a willingness to explore ways of shaping and forming women and men to serve as leaders in DCE ministry and will demonstrate an understanding of the role of spiritual and ministry formation.
- Master’s degree is required, terminal degree is preferred;
- LCMS director of Christian education certification is required;
- Minimum of five years of successful parish ministry experience as an LCMS director of Christian education;
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office or similar software is required;
- Ability to manage extensive travel is required;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a strong and visionary administrator is required;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in team relationships is required;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, particularly in higher education is preferred.
To apply, send an application letter, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Carl Schoenbeck, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Concordia University-St. Paul, 275 Syndicate St. N., St. Paul, MN 55104-5494; email@example.com.
Questions can be directed to Barbara Sommers, executive assistant to the vice president for Academic Affairs, at (651) 641-8730; or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit http://www.csp.edu/employment/. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
This position requires commitment to the mission of Concordia University-St. Paul. Concordia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply. However, because Concordia is an institution of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, active members of Lutheran churches may be given preference. To learn more about Concordia University-St. Paul, visit http://www.csp.edu/.
Posted July 29, 2005