Concordia Publishing House, the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, is searching for an experienced director of marketing to lead its Marketing Division. Duties include overseeing the development and implementation of business plans for the various product lines; managing each business groups’ direction through an ongoing assessment of products, pricing, and position; evaluating opportunities for new products; and establishing pricing strategies, discount structures, and guidelines for sales channels/target markets. Requirements include BA/BS in marketing or related field, MBA preferred, and 10 years experience. To apply please forward a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to CPH, 3558 S. Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63118 or by email to email@example.com.
Concordia University, Irvine, Calif., seeks applicants to fill possible faculty openings in the disciplines listed below. To be considered, a candidate must be a member of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod and should possess a graduate degree in the field.
- Art. Instruction of courses may include general education and foundation courses in the art major, including but not limited to Elements of Art and Design. The successful candidate will need the ability to integrate a strong sense of pedagogy and structure in the classroom, as well as oversee the art education emphasis and recruit prospective students. Additional duties may include organization of student art exhibitions.
- Business. Instruction of courses may include the following: marketing, finance, accounting, and information technology. The successful candidate will provide evidence of exemplary teaching skills; experience in the business world a plus.
- Film. Instruction of courses may include but is not limited to film aesthetics, film history and criticism, production, editing, and related areas. The successful candidate should be familiar with the use of video cameras and computer programs used for editing film and provide evidence of exemplary teaching skills. Other duties include developing syllabi for courses in film and recruiting prospective students.
- Music. Instruction of courses may include music history and theory as well as direction of vocal ensembles or piano as appropriate to the candidate’s expertise. Additional duties may include recruiting and participating in development activities for the university. The successful candidates must have related teaching, directing, and performing experience and provide evidence of the same (video desirable).
- Biology. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the interconnection between faith and science, along with evidence of exemplary teaching skills. Expertise or interest in undergraduate research in biological areas is highly encouraged and welcomed. A terminal degree in an appropriate area, preferably genetics, biochemistry, or molecular or cell biology is expected.
- Director of LCMS Church Vocations Recruitment. This is a 12-month, faculty-level position in Christ College, the school of LCMS church vocations at Concordia University Irvine. The position focuses on the promotion of LCMS church work vocations and the recruitment of students for these called ministries through the coordination of Concordia’s church-work recruitment efforts and collaboration with enrollment services and faculty. Candidates must be willing to travel, should be proficient communicators through a variety of media, and should be ordained or commissioned ministers and on the roster of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. A graduate degree in a field related to ministry or theology is required.
- Communication. Instruction of courses may include but is not limited to the following: public speaking, journalism, organizational communication, communication theory and/or criticism. The responsibilities of the position will include creating, training and coaching a speech and debate team; candidates should have experience with and interest in directing a forensic program.
- MA Program in International Studies. Students in this program are expected to spend a year in China teaching English and concurrently complete courses in an online format for a master’s degree. The successful candidate will be expected to teach in the International Studies program, coordinate courses, select instructors, maintain communication with students during their year abroad and generally oversee the academic program. A terminal degree along with experience and interest in teaching International Studies, English and Cultural Education are desired.
- Mathematics. As a member of the faculty the candidate will also serve as director of the pre-engineering program with a terminal degree in an appropriate area of mathematics. A strong understanding and desire to encourage and advise students interested in an engineering career is needed, along with evidence of exemplary teaching skills. Expertise or interest in undergraduate research in mathematics is highly encouraged and welcomed.
- Theatre. Instruction of courses includes, but is not limited to, theatrical design and stagecraft plus general education courses in theatre appreciation. Other duties may include design of technical elements for main-stage productions (set, lighting or costume, based on applicant’s skills and expertise), developing syllabi and curricula for new courses in design/technical theatre, and recruiting prospective students. This position may include the opportunity to direct main-stage productions, depending on expertise of applicant.
- Theology. Instruction of courses in theology with an emphasis on Old Testament and Semitic languages. Courses will range from undergraduate general education to master’s level. An academic doctorate and parish experience are preferred.
To apply, send a letter of application, résumé, statement of teaching philosophy, and an official application, which can be downloaded at our Web site, to Office of the Provost, Concordia University Irvine, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials begins immediately and continues until positions are filled.
Lutheran Campus Mission A