Ten “Lutheran college fairs” are planned for early this year — February through May — at various sites around the country.
Representatives of Lutheran colleges and universities nationwide — including those of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod’s Concordia University System — will be at the fairs to share information and answer questions. Most of the fairs also offer workshops on college planning and financial aid.
Sponsored by the Lutheran Educational Conference of North America (LECNA), the college fairs are designed primarily for high-school sophomores and juniors, along with their parents. Funding the fairs are LECNA-member schools and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Following is a list of the upcoming fairs, alphabetically by cities where they will be held, along with phone numbers for directions only:
- Atlanta — Sunday, Feb. 26 (12:30-3 p.m.); Doubletree Guest Suites, Atlanta Perimeter, 6120 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, (770) 668-0808.
- Austin, Texas — Sunday, Feb. 19 (4-7 p.m.); Capitol Place Austin Hotel (formerly Crowne Plaza), 500 North IH 35, (512) 480-8181.
- Bloomington, Minn. (Twin Cities area) — Sunday, April 30 (4-7:30 p.m.); Minneapolis Airport Marriott, 2020 American Boulevard East, (952) 851-4766.
- Fargo, N.D. — Tuesday, May 2 (6:30-8:30 p.m.); Ramada Plaza Suites and Convention Center, 1635 42nd St. SW, (701) 277-9000.
- King of Prussia, Pa. (Philadelphia area) — Saturday, March 18 (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.); Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel and Conference Center, 480 North Gulph Road, (610) 878-1455).
- Orlando, Fla. — Saturday, Feb. 25 (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.); Embassy Suites, 191 East Pine St., (407) 841-1000.
- Rochester, Minn. — Monday, May 1 (6:30-8:30 p.m.); Radisson Plaza Hotel, 150 S. Broadway, (507) 281-8000.
- Sioux Falls, S.D. — Wednesday, May 3 (6:30-8:30 p.m.); Sheraton Hotel and the Sioux Falls Convention Center, 1211 North West Ave., (605) 331-0100.
- Sugar Land, Texas (Houston area) — Saturday, Feb. 18 (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.); Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, 16090 City Walk, (281) 275-8400.
- Vienna, Va. (Washington, D.C., area) — Sunday, March 19 (4-7 p.m.); Marriott Tysons Corner, 8028 Leesburg Pike, (703) 734-3200.
For more information about the colleges and universities represented at the fairs, or for directions, visit the LECNA Web site.
Posted Feb. 7, 2006