Laborers For Christ, a ministry service of the Lutheran Church Extension Fund–Missouri Synod, is recruiting construction laborers to work for LCMS congregations and organizations, helping them build their own facilities. Construction experience (labor and/or project management) is preferred but not required. Laborers camp at the construction site, are paid minimum wage, and can work seasonally or year-round. Those approaching retirement and looking for a way to put Christian faith into action may call (800) 843-5233 or visit www.lcef.org/services.
Camp Lakeview, Brownstown, Ind., owner and operator of a year-round outdoor ministry and an RSO member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, seeks to fill the position of development director who reports to the executive director. For a complete job description, visit www.camplakeview.com. Send resumes to Lance Onken, Search Committee Chair, 771 N. County Road 250 E., Brownstown, IN 47220; email@example.com.
Camp LuWiSoMo, Wild Rose, Wis., is seeking applicants for the full-time year-round position of executive director. Responsibilities include:
- administering LuWiSoMo on a day-to-day basis in carrying out the directions of the LuWiSoMo Board of Directors;
- supervising all LuWiSoMo personnel, including recruitment, training, coordinating, and evaluation;
- providing guidance and leadership that promotes Christian growth and team ministry among the staff; overseeing the finances and establishing responsible budgeting;
- facilitating the development, visioning, and implementation of LuWiSoMo’s strategic plan; encouraging the use and support of Camp LuWiSoMo in the South Wisconsin District; and overseeing the development and implementation of camp programs.
Qualifications: committed to the Great Commission; able to work well in team ministry; able to manage and supervise staff and volunteers; strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; creative, self-motivated, efficient, independent, and organized; bachelor’s degree; and an LCMS member.
Resumes and questions may be directed to Kurtis Bueltmann, Camp LuWiSoMo, W5421 Aspen Road, Wild Rose, WI 54984-9177; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; (920) 622-3350.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions described below:
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: dean, School of Education.
- Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: biology; campus pastor.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, seeks to fill the following faculty positions: dean, College of Education; human resources.
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, seeks to fill the following faculty position: occupational therapy.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications, and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Jan. 31, 2008