Sekolah Pelita Harapan, a Christian school in Indonesia, is seeking qualified and certified teachers for the 2008-09 academic year.
Teachers are needed to teach biology, physics, mathematics, English, and history. Also needed are curriculum specialists and elementary school teachers.
Grace Lutheran Church, Orange, Texas, seeks to fill a possible two-year agreement opportunity for vacancy pastor. Located on I-10, 100 miles east of Houston, Grace congregation worships about 60 a week. Although this is a sole pastor’s role, the congregation is willing to accept full- or part-time hours as necessary for the right applicant. A favorable salary and benefits package will be arranged, with considerations given for relocation expenses, and is negotiable based on personal situation. Contact Mark Kern, congregational president, by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on weekends or in the evenings at (337) 802-4815.
LCMS English District, Farmington, Mich., seeks to fill the position of development director.
The development director will be responsible for creatively visioning, administering, promoting, evaluating, and maintaining a comprehensive, ongoing development ministry that will generate the revenue needed to implement the Funding Faith in Action Campaign of the English District.
The development director will:
- be a spiritually mature Christian who is an active communicant member in good standing of a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregation;
- be a team player with a positive attitude that sees opportunities and challenges rather than problems;
- be gifted in the areas of administration, exhortation, hospitality, and leadership;
- be self-motivated, organized, and flexible;
- be able and willing to travel as needed;
- have at least three years of successful development experience;
- have a high degree of self-sufficiency and ability to function without direct supervision;
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- demonstrate skills in personal time management, task management, and strategic planning;
- have an understanding of financial matters (e.g., budgets, financial statements);
- have an understanding of, and ability to use, office and presentation software (e.g., Microsoft Office Professional) and desktop publishing software (e.g., Microsoft Publisher); and
- have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field (e.g., marketing, public relations, business, finance).
Because the English District is a district of The Lutheran Church–Missouri, it may, to the extent allowed by state law, give preference in hiring persons who are members in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
The development director will:
- openly and willingly strive to put Christ first in all aspects of life and faithfully proclaim the Gospel by reflecting Christ in word and deed;
- establish annual revenue goals with the bishop/president for all development categories;
- plan and implement all aspects of donor identification, solicitation, acknowledgement, and recognition using Christ-centered, Gospel-motivated, relationship-building methodologies;
- provide leadership and direction for the use of the Internet and other technology-based tools to enhance the efforts of the development ministry;
- communicate regularly with donors and prospective donors via face-to-face meetings, phone calls, letters, newsletter articles, e-mails, etc., as is appropriate;
- develop and utilize appropriate databases and other administrative procedures and systems to track donors’ gifts, as well as contacts with donors and potential donors;
- identify, recruit, train, and supervise other members of the development team, including staff and volunteers, within approved policies and procedures;
- develop and implement a planned giving program to include endowment growth in order to help ensure the long-term financial future of the English District’s ministry;
- research, prepare, and submit grant proposals for funding from foundations, corporations, congregations, organizations, individuals, and other appropriate sources;
- evaluate all development efforts;
- represent and promote the English District at conferences, conventions, workshops, meetings, and other functions;
- develop and administer the annual development and public relations budgets;
- meet regularly with the bishop/president of the English District and staff;
- participate in approved continuing education and other training opportunities; and
- perform other related tasks as assigned by the bishop/president of the English District.
The development director is accountable to the bishop/president of the English District. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and education.
An up-to-date resume, along with a one-page cover letter, must be received no later than April 30. A cover letter should include current compensation and/or compensation requirements and the available start date to begin duties as development director, as well as any other information pertinent to holding this position. Send a resume and cover letter by mail, e-mail, or fax to Bishop David Stechholz at LCMS English District, 33100 Freedom Road, Farmington, MI 48336-4030; EDPres1@englishdistrict.org; fax: (248) 476-0188.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions described below:
- Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: associate provost, vice president of enrollment, student services, and athletics; music (piano).
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, seeks to fill the following faculty position: dean of the School of Business and Legal Services.
For more information about these and other CUS positio