The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Foundation, St. Louis, seeks applicants for the position of senior vice president, Marketing/Communications Services. This position is responsible for directing and managing the overall product creation, implementation, production, assignments and evaluation of all Direct Mail, Telecare, and internet fundraising programs of the national ministries and marketing of the LCMS Foundation.
The senior vice president also is responsible for negotiating, directing, and supervising outside vendors, their contracts, and production quality. Other responsibilities include directing the development and updates of the Foundation’s Web site and the LCMS Giving Catalog.
The senior vice president is in charge of maintaining relationships associated with the implementation of Direct Response, Internet, and Telecare fundraising programs for all the Foundation’s constituencies.
Position requirements include:
- active member of an LCMS congregation; familiar with the Synod structure and organizations.
- faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions, and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws, and policies.
- ability to provide practical application of stewardship principles.
- bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
- five or more years experience in the production of Direct Mail accounts.
- knowledge and experience in negotiating, coordinating and utilizing outside vendors’ contracts and monitoring their production.
- ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate programs; as well as make positive recommendations for improvement and new approaches to the development tasks.
- ability to function on a management team that emphasizes results and measurable accountability.
- adept at oral, written, and graphic communication skills; high proficiency in computer design work.
- specific and extensive experience in one or more areas of development activity.
For more information, or to be considered for this position, candidates should e-mail resume and salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 314-996-1121; or mail to The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Human Resources, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295. The contact telephone number is 314-996-1368 or 800-248-1930, ext. 1368. An LCMS “Application for Employment” can be accessed at: www.lcms.org/graphics/assets/media/LCMS/application.pdf.
Lutheran Bible Translators (LBT), Aurora, Ill., seeks an experienced director of Program Ministries to provide leadership to Program Ministries, its staff and missionaries, and to liaison with partner organizations. The successful candidate will have a strong background in administration and strategic planning, as well as being a team leader handling sensitive issues. Essential duties and responsibilities include being a relationship builder, especially with staff, missionaries, co-workers, and partners both international and domestic. This relationship building is to ensure understanding of issues impacting the mission of the organization.
Candidates must be good in networking with other agencies involved in Bible translation activities and have seven-plus years experience, especially as a Bible translation missionary in a cross-cultural setting. Candidate must hold a graduate degree (theological or academic) in a field related to the position. Salary is negotiable.
Submit cover letter with salary history and resume soon but no later than Feb. 15 to email@example.com or mail to Dean Mehl, Human Resources Manager, Lutheran Bible Translators, 303 N. Lake St., Aurora, IL 60507. Visit www.lbt.org.
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), Baltimore, seeks to fill three positions for the Lutheran Malaria Initiative, a coordinated effort with LWR, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, to mobilize U.S. Lutherans to fight against malaria and other diseases of poverty:
- associate campaign director organizes and coordinates congregational participation in the Initiative. The position is based in St. Louis, with up to 50 percent travel. View www.lwr.org/jobs for application instructions. No calls, please.
- The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod major gift officer for the Lutheran Malaria Initiative (LMI) is responsible for cultivating and soliciting resources from LCMS major gift prospects and external audiences. His/her focus will be on securing major gifts, developing long-term strategic relationships that will complement and advance the work of the Lutheran Malaria Initiative as well as the stewardship of donors. The LCMS major gift officer position is based in St. Louis, with up to 50 percent domestic travel required. View www.lwr.org/jobs for a full position description and application instructions.
- The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod administrator for the Lutheran Malaria Initiative (LMI) is responsible for recruiting, organizing, and coordinating LCMS congregational and related ministries’ participation in the Initiative. This position will be based in St. Louis, with up to 20 percent domestic travel per year. View www.lwr.org/jobs for a full position description and application instructions.
The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Board for Pastoral Education (BPE) calls nominations for the position of advisor on Personal Growth and Leadership Development, housed at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. This position is responsible for administering programs of evaluation of candidates’ personal suitability and readiness for pastoral ministry; provides counsel and skill development programs for the candidates; and reports to the seminary faculties and the Council of Presidents (COP).
The advisor reports to the executive director of the LCMS Board for Pastoral Education, and also respects the oversight of the seminary community exercised by the president of the seminary, or the president’s designee.
This position also is responsible for advising the admissions committee in matters of suitability of applicants, as well as providing advice during the placement process. Other responsibilities include advising the BPE and the COP on planning and implementation of further plans regarding the evaluation process; keeping informed about evaluation processes implemented by other denominations, and assisting in storing of records and periodic revision of system.
The advisor is in charge of generating reports and information to the seminary administration and faculty and/or faculty committees, as well as to the BPE and COP and/or its committees.
- an ordained pastor with minimum of five years of active service.
- an active member in good standing of a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregation; faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions, and supportive of Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws, and policies.
- post-graduate formal education work in theology, and/or psychology, preferably in the areas of the doctrine of the ministry, history of pastoral theology, or counseling.
- demonstrated facility for innovative and creative leadership, effective teaching, and competence in oral and written communication.
- skills in collegial process.
- demonstrated competence in small-group process and individual counseling.
- licensed/certified by assessment agencies to administer and interpret testing instruments preferred.
For more information or to apply or nominate a candidate including contact information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Information also may be faxed to 314-996-1121 or mailed to The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Human Resources-BH, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295. Contact telephone: 314-996-1368 or 800-248-1930, ext. 1368.
The deadline for application is Jan. 30.
An LCMS Application for Employment can be accessed via the link below: www.lcms.org/graphics/assets/media/LCMS/application.pdf.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks to fill faculty positions in English, Physical Education, and Psychology.
- Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the following faculty and staff positions: History; director of Athletics.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill a faculty position in Early Childhood/Elementary Education.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications, and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Job Opportunities” and then “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Dec. 28, 2009