During meetings Sept. 9-11 in St. Louis, the LCMS Board of Directors and the new Boards for National and International Mission elected officers to serve three-year terms.
Elected by the Board of Directors were:
- Dr. Robert T. Kuhn, LCMS president emeritus, of Oviedo, Fla., chairman.
- Rev. Michael L. Kumm, senior pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Millstadt, Ill., vice-chairman.
- Walter G. Brantz, Cody, Wyo., member at-large of the board’s Executive Committee.
The Board for National Mission elected:
- Rev. Steven C. Briel, senior pastor of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Corcoran, Minn., chairman.
- Rev. Samuel Cosby, pastor of Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, Houston, vice-chairman.
- Rev. C. Bryan Wolfmueller, pastor of Hope Lutheran Church, Aurora, Colo., secretary.
Elected by the Board for International Mission were:
- Rev. Bernhard M. Seter, pastor of Zion English Lutheran Church, Grafton, N.D., and Trinity Lutheran Church, Drayton, N.D., chairman.
- John W. Edson, Plymouth, Minn., vice-chairman.
- Phillip A. Magness, Bolingbrook, Ill., secretary.
Also elected during recent meetings in St. Louis were the following.
Commission on Theology and Church Relations (CTCR):
- Chairman — Dr. Lawrence Rast Jr., professor of Historical Theology and academic dean, Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne.
- Vice-chairman — Dr. Andrew Bartelt, professor of Exegetical Theology and executive vice-president for academic affairs, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
- Secretary — Dr. Robert Rosin, professor of Historical Theology and executive director of the Institute for Reformation Research, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
CTCR sub-committee chairmen:
- Church Relations — Dr. Jon Diefenthaler, president of the LCMS Southeastern District, Alexandria, Va.
- Theology — Dr. Charles Gieschen, professor (and department chairman) of Exegetical Theology, Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne.
- Church and Society — Kirk Farney, Chicago.
Concordia University System Board of Directors:
- Chairman — Dr. David S. Smith, senior pastor of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Des Peres, Mo.
- Vice-chairman — Ron Reck, Carrollton, Va.
- Secretary — Melissa Knippa, Austin, Texas.
LCMS Board of Directors sub-committees:
- Audit — Curtis Pohl, St. Michael, Minn.
- Personnel — Dr. Donald Muchow, Buda, Texas.
- Policy — Kermit Brashear, Omaha, Neb.
Updated Sept. 13, 2010