Concordia College–New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks nominations for the position of president. The president is the chief executive officer of the college and serves as the college’s spiritual, academic and administrative head. The official functions of the office of the president are described in the 2010 Handbook of the LCMS, section 126.96.36.199.
The following qualifications are required of all nominees. They must:
* be a member of an LCMS congregation, faithful to the Scriptures as the Word of God and to the theological positions of the LCMS.
* possess an advanced academic degree and be committed to Lutheran higher education; earned doctorate or appropriate terminal degree preferred, but not required.
* demonstrate visionary, creative and consensus-building leadership in higher education or a large, complex institution.
* present outstanding communication, fiscal and organizational skills.
* evidence superior personal and professional integrity.
The following qualifications and characteristics are sought in all nominees. They should possess:
* an appreciation for the historic and enduring purpose of the college as a Lutheran institution and for liberal arts education in general.
* the ability to encourage and support faculty and staff while fostering new educational opportunities.
* a commitment to student-centered education.
* strategic thinking and planning skills along with entrepreneurial and problem-solving capabilities.
* a fervent commitment and proven track record for fundraising.
* intercultural competence and a commitment to a diverse and international campus community.
* a strong sense of spirituality and a servant-leadership mentality.
* strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with an aptitude for campus life and the ability to energize and inspire students, staff, parents, alumni and external stakeholders.
* a proven record of working collaboratively with a governing body.
* the enthusiasm and talents to engage deeply in the local and regional community.
Candidates may be nominated by congregations of the Synod, the Concordia College–New York Board of Regents, the Concordia College–New York faculty and the Concordia University System Board of Directors. Nominations must be submitted no later than June 30 and must indicate the date on which the submitting body resolved to make the nomination, and the nominee’s mailing address, phone or email contact information. Nominations and expressions of interest in being nominated should be sent to the Rev. Dr. Arthur W. Scherer, Chair, Presidential Search Committee, Concordia College, 171 White Plains Road, Bronxville, NY 10708; email@example.com or fax 410-744-0481.
Posted March 29, 2012/Updated April 4, 2012