Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) presented awards to individuals and ministry partners during its 2014 Fall Leadership Conference, Nov. 21-23 in Garden Grove, Calif.
The Fred E. Lietz Mission and Individual Ministry Awards honor the late Fred Lietz, LCEF’s first executive secretary. Lietz later became its first president when the organization was incorporated in 1978. These awards go to a ministry and an outstanding LCEF volunteer, respectively. The 2014 recipients are:
- Fred E. Lietz Mission Award: Lutheran Urban Ministry Initiative (luminschools.org/LUMIN.htm).
- Fred E. Lietz Individual Award: Rev. Roger Krause, Rocky Mountain District.
The Arthur C. Haake Leadership Award is given to retired LCEF staff members who have made significant and long-lasting contributions to LCEF. It was established in 1999 as a tribute to LCEF President Emeritus Art Haake, who served from 1978 until his death in 1997:
- Arthur C. Haake Leadership Award: Harlan (Hal) Chase, LCEF Southeastern District.
Other award recipients include:
- Making a REAL Difference Award: Leon Langemeier, Montana District.
- Eastern District Award: Vice-President Rick Porter.
- Rocky Mountain District Award: Vice-President Kevin Grein.
- Indiana District Award: Vice-President Steve Strauch.
For the first time, three Partnership Awards were presented to recognize collaborative relationships LCEF shares with LCMS congregations and individual members. Congregations receiving the award engaged with LCEF across a range of service areas, including investments, loans and ministry support.
2014 Partnership Awards:
- St. John Lutheran Church, Seward, Neb.
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, Crossville, Tenn.
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, Prescott, Ariz.
The fall conference was themed “Reflect His Glory” (2 Cor. 3:18).
More information on the conference is available at lcef.org/flc.
Posted Jan. 27, 2015