Concordia Plan Services (CPS) announces an opening for the position of director, Ministry Solutions, housed at the LCMS International Center in St. Louis.
Concordia Plan Services “walks together” with LCMS ministries by providing quality benefits and services that support the physical and financial health of members and their families.
The director of Ministry Solutions reports to the assistant vice-president of Product Strategy.
Essential job functions
- Recommends and presents potential new products and services that support the CPS goals of partnering with LCMS ministries and the CPS executive team.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all products, contract negotiations and renewals.
- Ensures alignment to CPS goals/initiatives and gains buy-in from key CPS staff.
- Investigates and implements new programs that support the long-term strategies of CPS.
- Assures integration of new solutions into current stable of products by working with Products and Services team members.
- Researches, designs and recommends impactful/unique products and solutions related to area of ministry needs or challenges.
- Assists ministries by identifying products and services that bring value to LCMS employers and congregations.
- Serves as the Product and Services lead person for working with multi-disciplinary teams within CPS to bring ministry resources solutions to appropriate customer base.
- Develops relationships with LCMS staff within the LCMS International Center, LCMS district business managers and other LCMS ministries.
- Coordinates communication of value proposition to all stakeholders.
- Manages all vendor relations associated with products and services offered to ministries.
- Coordinates all development and product selection with CPS Legal, Operations and IT staff for compliance, implementation and ongoing support.
- Develops market information through maintaining external relationships with key employer groups.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, marketing or communications; master’s/advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of relevant and demonstrated experience in the employee benefits field encompassing strategy development, product development, project management, sales and market development.
- Must have insight into the issues that challenge professional LCMS church workers and ministries.
- Experience identifying and implementing solutions to address the unique needs of church workers.
Qualified applicants may apply online at lcms.org/careers. Nominations are welcomed and may be submitted to Nathan Thomas at email@example.com. The deadline to apply or submit nominations is March 31.
For more information on Concordia Plan Services, please visit concordiaplans.org.
Posted Feb. 6, 2018