The LCMS Foundation seeks candidates for the position of Vice-President, Growth Marketing.
This position leads the marketing effort for the Foundation, which provides gift-planning and investment-management services to individuals and organizations associated with The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
The position is based in St. Louis, is a member of the Foundation’s senior management team, and reports to the Foundation president.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Defining and implementing the overall marketing strategy to strengthen the brand, deliver optimal donor experience and equip the Foundation to reach its overall goals.
- Providing effective leadership for the Foundation’s total marketing effort, ensuring that all programs are metrics-driven and goal-oriented.
- Setting team strategy through analysis of historical marketing data.
- Providing forward-thinking ideas and building strong digital presence to drive growth.
- Achieving clear and measurable growth with innovative and efficient acquisition campaigns through a variety of digital and offline channels.
- Leading the Foundation’s strategy in the area of sponsorships, exhibits, conferences and conventions.
- Attending and speaking at LCMS conferences and events to promote the LCMS Foundation and its services.
- Promoting and nurturing the Foundation’s relationships with a broad range of LCMS organizations, including districts, congregations, schools, colleges and universities, seminaries, auxiliaries, RSOs, etc.
Candidates should have:
- The ability to develop an innovative customer-centric approach focused on identifying and meeting customer needs.
- The ability to work comfortably in a metric-driven environment, implementing systems to ensure that all marketing programs are metrics-based and goal-oriented.
- The ability to analyze and draw insight from complex marketing data.
- Expertise in all aspects of marketing, digital strategy, sales strategy and leadership.
- Entrepreneurial nature; ability to work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition.
- Experience leading organizational change and transition in marketing approach.
Other desired attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of marketing experience.
- Five-plus years of marketing leadership in planning, prioritizing and implementing strategy.
- Knowledge of the LCMS and its entities is helpful, but not required.
Forward resume and a letter of introduction to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posted Feb. 22, 2019