Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (CSL), seeks a full-time admissions officer to work in the CSL enrollment office.
The admissions officer will serve as part of team and will be primarily responsible for admission of residential Ministerial Formation students in the Master of Divinity, Alternate Route and Deaconess programs, as well as contextual students in the Specific Ministry Pastor, General Pastor Certification and Online Deaconess programs. He will develop annual goals and written plan; implement various individual and group events, both off- and on-campus; recruit from the field through trips to meet prospective students; and foster an awareness of vocation and the process of discernment.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with potential, prospective and newly admitted students, including providing timely responses and ongoing communications to ensure they have the information they need.
- Schedule and execute recruitment travel in collaboration with the enrollment team and at the direction of the associate provost.
- Collaborate with the other Ministerial Formation admissions officer to cover the country in recruitment and admissions of prospective students.
- Represent the department at various social and academic functions on and off campus, including at all official seminary events.
- Work with the enrollment team during all visitation and orientation events to welcome and inform participants.
- Inform faculty and staff to engage them in the admissions process.
- Collaborate with the director of recruitment to develop and maintain relationships with pastors, district presidents, pre-seminary directors, high school administrators, laypeople and others to identify and recruit students.
- Serve as part of the enrollment team to develop best practices and tracking of inquiries and applicants.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation of each inquiry and applicant in Slate and PowerCAMPUS.
- Compose concise summaries of assigned applicants for the admissions committee.
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting of all travel and business expenses.
- Attend all meetings as directed by the associate provost.
- Attend admissions committee meetings as an ex-officio member.
- Preach and conduct worship services at the invitation of the dean of chapel.
- Represent the seminary at district and Synod conventions, youth events and other events as directed.
- Master of Divinity from an LCMS seminary, preferably CSL.
- Five years parish experience preferred.
- Knowledge of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod and its congregations and mission.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerCAMPUS, Questionmark and other technology as required and trained.
As a seminary of the LCMS, CSL retains the right to give preference in employment on the basis of religion. Additionally, CSL reserves the right to give preference in employment to ordained and commissioned ministers who are listed on the official LCMS roster.
Posted July 15, 2021