Concordia Publishing House (CPH), St. Louis, seeks applicants and nominations for a president/chief executive officer (CEO) to guide and direct its responsibilities as the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
The president and CEO is responsible for implementing CPH’s mission, which states that CPH “exists for the purposes of strengthening and aiding member congregations in their proclamation of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and working in partnership with the agencies and congregations of the Synod to provide publishing services. On their behalf, Concordia Publishing House will develop, produce, market, and distribute products and services that are faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and [that] effectively serve such proclamation to people throughout the world.”
- Manages all aspects of the company to ensure, over a continuing period, the maximum attainment of the corporate mission;
- Develops and maintains a functional, professional and accountable organizational structure and employs competent executive personnel;
- Formulates, with the CPH Board of Directors, company policies; and
- Ensures moral, ethical and professional Christian standards throughout the company.
Applicants and nominees should:
- Be a member in good standing of an LCMS congregation;
- Be committed to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions;
- Be supportive of the Synod’s constitution, bylaws and policies;
- Have the administrative skills to lead CPH into the future;
- Possess the skills to develop collaborative relationships with agencies of the Synod in order to position CPH as the agencies’ default option for publishing and information delivery services;
- Have, at minimum, a master’s degree or its equivalent; and
- Have significant administrative leadership experience in church and/or business.
For more information, or to apply or submit a nomination, visit cph.org/careers. The deadline to submit a nomination is July 31. The deadline to apply is Aug. 20.
Posted July 8, 2021