Concordia Publishing House (CPH), St. Louis, seeks applicants and nominations for a vice-president of publishing to oversee, for congregations and individuals, the development of Gospel resources that are faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and to support the mission of CPH. This position leads the editorial division and is responsible for ensuring that the materials produced by CPH comport with the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and are approved for distribution via the doctrinal review process. CPH provides resources for Christian education and worship, children and family resources, and specialty periodicals, including devotional materials and professional resources for teachers, pastors and lay leaders.
The vice-president of publishing:
- Provides theological leadership and oversight for all CPH products and publications;
- Develops the division’s operations plan and budget based on strategic objectives;
- Oversees day-to-day operations of each department within the division to ensure all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals are being met;
- Assists the president/CEO with consultations and correspondence, attends conferences and conventions, and leads workshops;
- Collaborates with marketing/promotion/sales personnel on publication plans;
- Coordinates CPH publications with the Synod’s programs in consultation with program leaders; and
- Leads, trains and develops staff for maximum effectiveness in support of the division and department goals.
Applicants and nominees should:
- Be an ordained minister on the roster of the LCMS;
- Have 10 years of professional ministry experience in the LCMS;
- Be committed to the Scriptures, Lutheran Confessions and LCMS doctrine;
- Be adept at managing professional and creative staff;
- Have superior communication and editing skills;
- Understand business principles and procedures;
- Be able to lead and collaborate with team members during the project development process; and
- Have proficient computer skills.
For more information, or to apply or submit a nomination, visit cph.org/careers. The deadline to submit a nomination is July 31. The deadline to apply is Aug. 20.
Posted July 8, 2021