The presidential search committee of Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW), Mequon, Wis., and Concordia University Ann Arbor (CUAA), Ann Arbor, Mich., invites nominations for a new president of CUW and CUAA. Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) bylaws prescribe the nomination process and establish the critical functions and necessary qualifications for university presidents. Nominations may be submitted by LCMS congregations, the Concordia University System (CUS) Board of Directors and the CUW/CUAA Board of Regents.
The president serves as the executive officer of the Board of Regents as well as the spiritual, academic and administrative head of the institution (Bylaw 22.214.171.124). Nominees should:
- Be an active member in good standing of a congregation of the LCMS;
- Be faithful to the Holy Scriptures and Lutheran Confessions and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws, practices and policies;
- Be a champion for Lutheran Christian higher education, with a clear and passionate vision for 21st-century faith-based higher education;
- Be experienced as a senior officer of a large, complex, multi-geographical organization with many different constituencies and a budget in excess of $100 million; and
- Possess an earned terminal degree (Ed.D., Ph.D., Th.D. or similar).
Nominations will be accepted May 14 through July 15. For more information about the nominations process or to submit a nomination, visit cuw.edu/presidentialsearch.
Posted June 1, 2021