Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, seeks a full-time professor of Old Testament to work in the Department of Exegetical Theology. All applications must be received no later than Nov. 20, 2022.
Teach assigned courses in Hebrew, Old Testament and Biblical Theology. May be assigned to preach in chapel. Attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled faculty meetings and serve on various faculty and administrative committees. Pursue academic research to the benefit of the faculty member and seminary. Teach courses in accordance with the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions.
- Minister of Religion—Ordained in The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) and member in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
- Strong commitment to the Scriptures as the inspired, written Word of God, wholly truthful and reliable in all that they say, and to the Lutheran Confessions as a true and faithful exposition of the Scriptures.
- Demonstrated ability in theological teaching and scholarship.
- Earned Ph.D.
- Faithful, Lutheran pastoral practice, care and leadership.
- Experience in cross-cultural settings.
For more information, visit the CSL careers page.
Posted Nov. 4, 2022