Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (CSL) seeks a full-time assistant director for the seminary’s Center for Hispanic Studies (CHS).
The assistant director of the CHS is responsible for developing and maintaining the CHS certificate program (pastoral and deaconess tracks) through communication with students and instructors, course scheduling, and coordination with the various administrative offices of the seminary.
The assistant director:
- Works in ongoing curriculum development/revision;
- Engages in and/or coordinates vicar and deaconess intern visitation, maintaining communication with supervisors and mentors;
- Serves as staff instructor for a variety of CHS seminary level and continuing education workshops;
- Works with and coordinates the graduate school for the M.A. taught in Spanish, including appropriate communication with U.S. Hispanic/Latino and Latin American constituencies;
- Curates CHS resources and promotes CHS recruitment efforts and events through appropriate seminary channels;
- Provides additional assistance, as requested, to the associate dean for Urban and Cross-Cultural Ministry and the director of CHS; and
- Promotes interaction, cross-pollination and sharing of resources between CHS, the seminary community and Hispanic/Latino leaders and congregations.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks in consultation with the director, including strategic planning, course scheduling, student program orientation, communication with students and instructors, and coordinating with the various offices of the seminary;
- Coordinate the design, development and revision of online curriculum in consultation with the director and appropriate seminary units;
- Coordinate site visits to CHS vicars and deaconess interns;
- Engage CHS vicarage supervisors and mentor;
- As needed, prepare and deliver online instruction to CHS seminary students, as well as online and in-person workshops, seminars and continuing education events for the LCMS Hispanic/Latino community and the church at large;
- Serve as a liaison between CHS and the graduate school for the M.A. taught in Spanish; and
- Assist in furthering the ministry of the CHS to its Hispanic/Latino constituency, the CSL community, the church at large and the world.
- Proficiency in computers and software productivity tools;
- Familiarity with publishing standards for courseware and other instructional materials;
- Proficiency in instructional design, development and coordination;
- Proficiency in online delivery instruction and pedagogy;
- Fluency in both oral and written Spanish and English; some Portuguese desired but not required.
The ideal candidate must be an ordained minister of the LCMS with experience in a theologically based learning environment, including online instruction. Preference will be given to the candidate whose work experience has been with U.S. Hispanic/Latino or Latin American ministry. Teaching experience is necessary. The ability to organize and plan instruction is required. Experience organizing course materials to a standard required for publication is critical. Oral and written bilingual, Spanish-English, proficiency required (some Portuguese desired but not required). Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of people within both the Hispanic/Latino and the CSL communities. Must be able to function and interact as a team member and lead the team when appropriate, without direct supervision and be able to maintain confidential information.
Please submit resume to:
Posted March 25, 2022