Concordia Publishing House (CPH), St. Louis, seeks applications and nominations for the position of vice-president of publishing. The vice-president will provide theological leadership and oversight of its development of Gospel resources faithful to the Holy Scriptures, the Lutheran Confessions, and the doctrinal statements and resolutions of the Synod while also supporting the mission of CPH. This position leads the editorial division and is responsible for ensuring that all materials produced by CPH of a religious or theological nature are approved through the Synod’s prescribed procedure for doctrinal review before publication.
The vice-president of publishing will:
- Provide theological leadership and oversight of all CPH products and publications;
- Develop the division’s operations plan and budget, based on CPH’s strategic objectives;
- Oversee day-to-day operations of each department within the division;
- Assist the president/CEO, attend conferences and conventions, and lead workshops;
- Collaborate with marketing/promotion/sales personnel on publication plans;
- Coordinate CPH publications with Synod programs;
- Report to the CPH Board of Directors on matters of theological oversight;
- Report to the president/CWO on day-to-day operations; and
- Lead, train and develop staff.
To be considered for this position, applicants or nominees must:
- Be an ordained minister on the roster of the LCMS;
- Have 10 years of professional ministry experience in the LCMS;
- Be committed to the Scriptures, Lutheran Confessions and doctrinal positions of the LCMS;
- Be a theologian able to discern and stand for scriptural and confessional fidelity in difficult situations;
- Be adept at managing professional and creative staff;
- Have superior communication and editing skills;
- Understand basic business principles and procedures;
- Be able to lead and collaborate with members of a team during the project development process; and
- Have proficient computer skills.
To apply for this position or to submit a nomination, visit cph.org/careers. The deadline for nominations is March 18. The deadline to apply is April 1.
Posted Jan. 31, 2022