The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) seeks applicants for the position of LCMS Youth Ministry operations manager, based at the LCMS International Center in St. Louis. The position reports to the director of LCMS Youth Ministry and works closely with the Youth Gathering program manager.
The operations manager will:
- Direct and approve design and implementation for registration and housing programs for the LCMS Youth Gathering and related events.
- Provide all necessary periodical reports and the final report and evaluation of the registration and housing process.
- Review financial assistance applications and manage the distribution of all financial assistance monies.
- Manage hotel contract negotiations process.
- Schedule and prepare all pre-Gathering conference briefings with all Gathering hotel property staffs.
- Work with the LCMS Youth Ministry director to develop and manage the Youth Gathering budget.
- Oversee program contracting process, including program speakers, musicians, vendors, etc.
- Secure pertinent tax-exempt forms relative to Gathering registration and housing.
- Coordinate appropriate grant proposals and prepares required reports.
- Be an active member of an LCMS congregation; support the Synod’s Constitution and Bylaws; be faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions; and be familiar with the structure, polity, organization and procedures of the Synod.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, pre-law, hospitality management, project management or a related field.
- Have a minimum of five years of practical experience in business management, customer service, organizational leadership, public relations or a related field.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, interpersonal skills, excellent communication, experience with databases, organizational skills, biblical knowledge, understanding of young people and willingness to travel.
Read a full job description or submit an application at lcms.org/careers.
Nov. 30, 2023