A video, Bible study, sermons, and bulletin inserts are among new resource items produced by Lutherans For Life (LFL) for use by congregations and others on “Life Sunday,” Jan. 23.
Life Sunday marks the anniversary of the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in the United States.
Theme of the 2005 materials is “In the Beginning was Life!”
The materials, which are based on Gen. 1:1-5 and John 1:1-5, are designed to “help people focus on the beginning of time, the beginning of each human life, and the new beginning we have in Jesus Christ,” said LFL Executive Director James I. Lamb.
Sample packets of the new resources were mailed to LCMS congregations in October. The materials may be used at any time during the year to “help people see the value God gives to human life through His creating and redeeming hands,” said Lamb.
The new LFL resources include:
- “You Are a Masterpiece,” a video for children ages 5 to 10 that uses computer animation and in-utero photography to reveal life before birth.
- bulletin inserts, including one titled “Just for Kids.”
- a set of five sermons by Lamb and three other Lutheran pastors — Dr. Andrew Bartelt of St. Louis; Rev. Paul Kaldahl Jr. of Spencer, Iowa; and Rev. Brian Saunders of Muscatine, Iowa.
- “Beginnings Big and Small,” a children’s message.
- “Connecting the Creation Dots,” a Bible study with reproducible student sheets.
- a brochure based on the “Watch Me Grow” posters that illustrate how babies develop month-by-month in the womb.
- a reproducible worship-service format.
- a full-color LFL membership brochure.
Also available are a number of previously produced LFL resources, including devotional and “how-to-speak” booklets, a coloring book, posters, and an audiocassette with sheet music.
To request an order form or to order materials for Life Sunday, contact LFL at (888) 364-LIFE (5433) or email@example.com. Or, visit the LFL Web site at www.lutheransforlife.org and click on “Life Sunday.”
Posted Nov. 30, 2004