Recordings of presentations from the LCMS mission conference “New Directions in Mission Leadership ’05” are now available on compact disk.
More than 100 people attended the New Directions conference, held April 28-May 1 in St. Louis under the theme “Responding with Hearts Ablaze!” The conference is held annually to explore world mission trends and challenges, and features mission experts from The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and other Christian denominations.
Included on the CD are audio recordings of eight major presentations:
- “Flat Church in a Round World — Responding with God’s World View,” by Dr. Kent Hunter, president of Church Doctor Ministries, Corunna, Ind.
- “Responding to a Secular and Postmodern Society” and “Models for Congregational Mission Response,” Dr. George Hunter III, professor of evangelism and growth, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, Ky.
- “Responding to Global Partners — How to Work Effectively with Indigenous Christians” and “The Cost and Results of Responding to God’s Mission Call,” Steve Saint, founder of the Indigenous People’s Technology and Education Center, Dunnellon, Fla.
- “Crossfires, an Emerging Strategic Short-Term Mission Model for Congregations,” Rev. B. Steve Hughey, director of the Mission Responders Network with LCMS World Mission.
- “Responding to Islam,” Dr. Roland Miller, professor emeritus at Luther College, University of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- “Responding to Tough Questions in our Churches,” Dr. Reggie McNeal, Leadership Team director with the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
CDs are available in two formats:
- All recordings, including speakers’ PowerPoints and handouts, are on one CD for $10 (includes shipping), but computer systems must have MP3 technology, such as Windows Media Player, to play.
- Those without MP3 may request CDs of each individual presentation for $5 each (includes shipping).
For more information or to order, call LCMS World Mission at (800) 433-3954.
Posted May 26, 2005