Even though many LCMS congregations were expected to observe “Lutheran Women’s Missionary League Sunday” on Oct. 2, the suggested date, it’s not too late for those who haven’t yet planned such an observance.
Congregations may celebrate “LWML Sunday” any time, and materials designed to help them with the special observance are still available from the LWML office in St. Louis.
Those materials include a compact disk with a new worship service, sermon, and children’s sermon ($9; item no. 05-99005)) written by Synod President Gerald B. Kieschnick. The theme of this year’s observance is “Lives Transformed Through Christ — In Time For Eternity,” a theme used by Kieschnick in conjunction with his “One Mission, One Message, One People” Synodwide evangelism emphasis. A CD of Spanish-language versions of those resources also is available for $9.
Other resources include:
- blank (100 for $8.50) and pre-printed (100 for $12.75) worship service bulletins in two sizes;
- an LWML banner ($36; item no. 05-24103) and a free banner-pattern and instructions;
- suggestions for “LWML Sunday” activities (free);
- children’s mite boxes and thank-you stickers (20 for $3.50; item no. 05-15905);
- a list of LWML mission grants for the 2005-07 biennium (free);
- LWML “witness cards” (10 for $1; item no. 05-15401); and
- “Teen LWML” packets ($2; item no. 11951) and brochures (50 for $5; item no. 11950).
The LWML, also known as “Lutheran Women in Mission,” is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. The organization focuses on “affirming each woman in her relationship with Christ to enable her to be in ministry among the people of the world.”
For more information about the LWML and “LWML Sunday,” or to order resources, call the LWML office in St. Louis at (800) 252-LWML (5965) or visit its Web site.
Posted Sept. 23, 2005