Pioneer Camp and Retreat Center, Angola, N.Y., seeks applicants for the position of full-time, year-round, Director of Ministry Outreach. Pioneer Camp and Retreat Center is a ministry of the Eastern District of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. Qualified individuals must be a disciple of Christ, with a minimum of three to five years Christian programming experience and a willingness to live on-site. Serving in a team ministry setting, the hired individual shall be responsible for coordinating all summer and year-round ministries. Specific duties include: developing, scheduling, promoting, carrying out, and evaluating activities for summer camp, year round programs, retreat groups, and off-site events; and recruiting, equipping, supervising, and evaluating volunteers and staff. For more information about this camp ministry, go to www.pioneercamp.org. Interested individuals should submit their resumes to 9324 Lakeshore Road, Angola, NY 14006 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until March 15.
Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks applicants for the position of Vice President-Academics, beginning in July. Qualifications include: active membership in a congregation of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod; a terminal academic degree; experience as a college/university faculty member; and administrative experience. Applications will be accepted initially through March 31 and thereafter, until the position is filled. For further information, go to www.cuaa.edu and click “jobs.”
Concordia University, Seward, Neb., seeks applicants to fill the following seven positions:
- VP of Enrollment Management and Marketing. This newly created position will provide leadership and vision for the university’s enrollment, retention and marketing functions and team and is responsible for developing and implementing the overall enrollment and marketing strategy for the university; works to ensure student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate programs achieve measurable results; defines and enhances the Concordia University brand identity; positions the university with key audiences and ensures a positive public image for the university by providing public relations support; assists strategic planning efforts through market research and in communicating with internal and external constituents; and provides support and integration with institutional advancement efforts to achieve the university’s resource development goals and objectives. A master’s degree in educational administration, enrollment management or marketing field required; Ph.D. preferred; minimum of five years experience in enrollment management, marketing or organizational management. Must have superior verbal and written communication skills; expertise in facilitation and knowledge of strategic planning; working knowledge of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and its structure; The Lutheran Church–Missouri Church membership preferred. A detailed description of this position is available at www.cune.edu under “Positions Available.” Review of applications to begin March 1.
- Director of Retention and Advising. This newly created position will manage the development, implementation, and on-going evaluation of programs, services and policies designed to increase recruitment and retention of students. This position will manage optimal university enrollment by enhancing student academic success through the advisement process and through the career services process. Qualifications: a master’s degree in appropriate area to position preferred; three to five years experience in academic advising and/or retention planning on a college campus; and a working knowledge of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. A detailed description of this position is available at www.cune.edu under “Positions Available.” Review of applications to begin Feb. 20.
- Dean of the Graduate College. The Dean of the Graduate College provides leadership and vision to the University’s graduate program, summer school, both undergraduate and graduate, and other entrepreneurial endeavors, including the Degree Completion Program. The Dean is responsible for both connecting existing programs to the University’s Strategic Plan and for integrating efforts with marketing and recruitment to develop new programs. The Dean is responsible for the assessing and documenting learning and for the on-going assessing of program viability and provides leadership in the use of technology and seeks to integrate its use. This position works closely with the Provost.
- Art. Teach foundation and general art courses with a specialization in at least one other area such as studio, graphic design, or art education.
- Education and English as a Second Language. Coordinate and deliver undergraduate and graduate English as a Second Language related curriculum. Some supervision of student teachers is included.
- Marketing and Business. Teach marketing and management courses, advise, recruit, and faculty/departmental committee work, develop and oversee marketing curriculum, advise business/marketing student organization.
- Music. Teach second year music theory and technology, plus other courses, such as music education, conducting, and instrumental music, according to abilities and interest. In addition, this position serves to coordinate with the admission’s office to enhance new student recruitment.
For qualifications and instructions on how to apply, visit Concordia’s website at www.cune.edu. Applications for these positions may be available in print format at www.cune.edu under “Positions Available”; in the Human Resource Office, Weller Hall Room 19, 800 N. Columbia Ave., Seward, NE 68434; (402) 643-7222 or HumanResources@cune.edu.
These positions require a commitment to the mission of Concordia University, Seward, Neb., and to The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. Concordia University does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. However, Concordia University is an institution of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and, to the extent all