The two seminaries of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod will be holding campus-visitation events in February, March, and during the summer months for men and women interested in church vocations.
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, will sponsor three events:
- The Institute on the Ministry, March 9-11, is designed for men — college-age and older — who are considering the pastoral ministry. Participants and their wives and girlfriends attend seminary classes, worship with the seminary community, tour the campus, meet students and faculty, and hear presentations on academic offerings, financial assistance, resident field education, vicarage, and the admissions process.
- Exploring Church Careers, July 29-Aug. 1, is open to high-school students interested in professional church careers. Participants will learn about a variety of vocations, including teacher, pastor, deaconess, and director of Christian education, and will have opportunities to talk with people serving in those professions.
- Exploring the Pastoral Ministry, Aug. 1-4, is geared for male high-school students and focuses on the pastoral ministry. Teens will attend seminary classes, worship in the seminary chapel, interact with students and faculty, and hear presentations about seminary life.
Meals and on-campus housing are provided free for all of the above events. Registration for the two summer events is $70 each and opens March 1.
For more information or to register, contact the seminary’s Admissions Office at (800) 822-9545 or email@example.com.
Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, is sponsoring three events:
- Christ Academy — College (CAC), Feb. 16-19, is open to college-age men who are interested in exploring the possibility of one day becoming a pastor. The event includes classroom observation, lectures specifically designed for CAC participants, worship with the seminary community, and opportunities to talk with students and professors.
There is no charge for the event, and meals and on-campus housing are included.
For information, contact the seminary’s Admission Office at (800) 481-2155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Prayerfully Consider Campus Visit, March 23-25, is designed for men and women, college age and older, who are interested in learning more about careers as pastors or deaconesses.
Participants will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the day-to-day life of the seminary, including taking part in worship, attending classes, and visiting with students and faculty. They can talk with the seminary’s director of financial aid, dean of students, and relocation director, and find out about employment opportunities and housing in Fort Wayne.
The event offers free meals and on-campus lodging.
For more information, contact the seminary’s Admission Office at (800) 481-2155 or email@example.com.
- The Eighth Annual Christ Academy — High School, June 18-July 1, is a two-week residential academy for high-school-age young men who want to learn more about the pastoral office. Participants attend theology classes, take part in worship, and live in the dormitories.
Cost of the academy is $500, which includes meals, lodging, and a trip to Ohio’s Cedar Point Amusement Park.
For more information or an application, contact the seminary’s Office of Admission at (800) 481-2155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about all three events is on the seminary’s Web site.
Posted Jan. 26, 2006