Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis, offers a variety of resources that are designed to help congregations learn more about the Reformation or celebrate the special observance on Oct. 31.
Among Reformation resources are:
- books, including What Luther Says ($39.99, item no. 15-5098); Through Faith Alone ($14.99, item no. 12-4055); Martin Luther: A Man Who Changed the World ($12.99, item no. 56-2274); Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions — A Readers Edition of the Book of Concord ($24.99, item no. 53-1154); and Luther’s Works on CD-ROM ($199.99, item no. 15-1774).
- music and audio, including Martin Luther: Hymns, Ballads, Chants, Truth, a four-CD set ($44.95, item no. 99-1726), and Luther for Armchair Theologians, audiotape ($21.99, item no. 36-1149).
- movies, including “Martin Luther 50th Anniversary Classic DVD” ($15.99, item no. 36-1150).
- artwork, including a bust of Martin Luther, finished in bronze ($24.99, item no. 36-0690); and a framed print of Luther ($295.00, item no. 90-3043).
Also available are items designed to prepare congregations and parents for Halloween trick or treating, including:
- It’s in the Bag, a pack of 50 treat bags that tell children about Jesus and invite them to Sunday school ($4.99, item no. 10-1297).
- Smile, God Loves You, a pack of 50 religious tracts designed for distribution on Halloween ($4.99, item no. 10-1328).
- joke books — Extremely Good Clean Jokes for Kids ($4.99, item no. 17-7146) and Squeaky Clean Jokes for Kids ($4.99, item no. 17-7147).
Certain items totaling $60 or more ordered by Oct. 19 will receive free shipping. (Prices quoted above do not include shipping.)
For more information or to order, call CPH at (800) 325-3040 or visit www.cph.org or www.cph.org/reformation.
Posted Oct. 16, 2007