A music CD titled Bach at the Sem has been released by The American Kantorei, under the direction of Robert Bergt, music director/conductor and artist-in-residence at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
The CD is a reproduction of the KFUO-FM Classic 99 broadcast of the Kantorei’s live concert on Feb. 19, 2006, performed at the seminary’s Chapel of St. Timothy and St. Titus. Ron Klemm is narrator and producer of the broadcast.
Selections on the CD include:
- “Open the Gates of Righteousness for Me,” a cantata by Dietrich Buxtehude, featuring vocalists Katharine Lawton Brown, Jeral Becker, and David Berger.
- Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins in D Minor, featuring violinists Wanda Becker and Kaoru Wada.
- Motets by Hassler, Sweelinck, Schein, and Pachelbel, performed by The American Kantorei chorus.
- Preludes and free organ works by Bach, Buxtehude, and Sweelinck, performed by organist David Bergin.
- A “warm message of purpose and gratitude” from seminary President Dale A. Meyer to all who support the concert series.
The CD will be available for purchase for $10 at upcoming Bach at the Sem concerts on Feb. 11 and April 1. To order the CD — or other previous recordings of Bach at the Sem concerts — contact the seminary bookstore at (314) 505-7315 or email@example.com.
Posted Feb. 9, 2007