Concordia College, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks applications for director of choral activities. The director is responsible for recruiting, rehearsing, and touring with the college’s major choral ensemble, and recruiting, rehearsing, and conducting the college’s larger choral ensemble which performs major choral works with orchestral accompaniment. The director also selects, rehearses, and enables a small ensemble of select voices to represent the college in Sunday morning worship at area churches. Other duties include teaching one course each semester, possibly within the general education curriculum. The director will also supervise a part-time administrative assistant. The director reports to the dean of the college.
Earned doctorate and previous experience in a similar position are preferred. The college seeks applicants who can contribute to both the liberal arts tradition and the Lutheran values of the college. Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The application deadline is May 15 or until the position is filled.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation to Kathleen Clarke, Human Resources, 171 White Plains Road, Bronxville, NY 10708; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (914) 395-4503. As an institution of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Concordia College reserves the right, to the extent allowed by law, to give preference in employment based on religion.
Concordia University at Austin, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill the following positions:
- director of graduate program. This position is responsible for overseeing the graduate program for Concordia University at Austin and reports to the dean of the College of Education. This individual will help develop, coordinate, and supervise the newly established offsite graduate team of 20 faculty with 200 students in four Texas cities.
+ Provide leadership for graduate programs — chair the Graduate Education Committee.
+ Implement the assessment plan for the graduate program and write all required reports in keeping with SACS requirements.
+ Work directly as liaison with external marketing group and the graduate admissions office in recruiting and advising students for the cohorts at each satellite campus of the M.Ed. program.
+ Plan schedules and annual budgets for the cohort program and the traditional graduate program.
+ Coordinate building contracts.
+ Hire and supervise faculty/administrators for all graduate classes (cohort and traditional).
Qualifications include knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; a working knowledge of instructional design and delivery systems; demonstrated organizational, customer service, and entrepreneurial skills; and a development of efficient methods of assessing program success.
Education and experience requirements include a M.Ed. (doctorate preferred) and three years experience in administrative management, operations, or customer service management with a preference given to those with specific knowledge of issues related to graduate education. This individual may have faculty status and teach. Experience in higher education preferred. A willingness to travel is essential.
- College of Education faculty positions. The College of Education is the fastest growing college at Concordia University at Austin (CUA). Five full-time faculty positions are available; two positions are in Austin and the other three are deployed to Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. The successful candidates in these positions will have the ability to complement the expertise of faculty already teaching in the College of Education. An M.Ed. is required; a Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred. If the successful candidate does not have a doctorate, the individual will be required to start doctoral studies within a year of joining the CUA faculty.
+ Austin — undergraduate program. The CUA College of Education seeks applicants for a full-time instructional position in its undergraduate Elementary/Middle School/Secondary Education program.
+ Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin — graduate program. The CUA graduate program of the College of Education seeks applicants for four full-time faculty positions with both instructional and administrative responsibilities in each of the following programs:
* education administration
* curriculum and instruction
* literacy education experience in higher education preferred.
* communications faculty position. The College of Liberal Arts and Science at Concordia University at Austin seeks candidates for a full-time position in communication. The successful candidate will teach communication technology, media production, including video production, media analysis and criticism and other communication courses as needed. A Ph.D. in communication is preferred, as well as demonstrated expertise in communication technologies and video production. Individuals with an appropriate master’s degree in communication willing to pursue a doctorate will be considered.
For each of the positions named above, submit resume, cover letter, official transcripts, salary requirements, and name and contact information for three references to email@example.com; or write to Human Resources, Concordia University at Austin, 3400 IH 35 North, Austin, TX 78705.