Promotional resources are available from LCMS District and Congregational Services — School Ministry to help Lutheran Schools and their sponsoring congregations observe “National Lutheran Schools Week” 2008, set for March 2-8.
The theme for that observance is “Securing Each Child’s Future,” based on Jeremiah 29:11: “ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.’”
“Many of our schools make National Lutheran Schools Week special by sponsoring events such as open houses, celebrations, and other activities in their communities,” said Bill Cochran, director of LCMS School Ministry. “The resources for 2008 are designed to help them promote such events and call attention to the schools’ overall mission of securing each child’s future.”
During Thanksgiving week, School Ministry mailed an order form with information about the 2008 promotional items to all Lutheran schools.
Those resources are:
- a reproducible “Worship and Resource Manual,” $15.
- balloons (50 per bag, 9 inches inflated, multi-colors with Lutheran Schools logo in black), $8.
- pencils (50 silver and 50 yellow, with black logo), $20.
- pencil sharpeners (10-pack, black logo), $10.
- vinyl banner (3-by-5 feet with full-color Lutheran Schools logo), $50.
- posters (5-pack, 11-by-17 inches, full-color logo), $4.
- static-cling stickers (10-pack, clear, 4-by-7 inches, black logo).
To guarantee delivery by March 2, completed order forms for the resources, accompanied by checks payable to “DCS-School Ministry,” must be received by that office no later than Feb. 20.
For additional order forms, contact Calie Vera at (800) 248-1930, Ext. 1285.
Posted Dec. 12, 2007