The Kantorei of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind., will perform in eight Florida cities during its winter tour of “Epiphany Lessons and Carols,” Jan. 3-10. The 16-member choir is composed of men studying to become Lutheran pastors.
Kantor Richard C. Resch will direct the Kantorei, and Kantor Kevin J. Hildebrand will serve as organist. Rev. David A. Koeneman, pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Decatur, Ind., will accompany the Kantorei to serve as preacher and liturgist for the worship services.
The itinerary is as follows:
- Jan. 2 — 6 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Jan. 3 — 10 a.m., Grace Lutheran Church, St. Petersburg.
- Jan. 3 — 7 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Port Charlotte, Fla.
- Jan. 4 — 9 a.m., Grace Lutheran Church, St. Petersburg.
- Jan. 4 — 7 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church, Brooksville, Fla.
- Jan. 5 — 7 p.m., Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, Gainesville, Fla.
- Jan. 6 — 7 p.m., Faith Lutheran Church, Eustis, Fla.
- Jan. 7 — 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Oveido, Fla.
- Jan. 8 — 7 p.m., Redeemer Lutheran Church, Englewood, Fla.
- Jan. 9 — 7 p.m., Immanuel Lutheran Church, Brandon, Fla.
- Jan. 10 — 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., Immanuel Lutheran Church, Brandon.
The tour culminates with a 4 p.m. service Jan. 17 at Kramer Chapel on the Concordia Theological Seminary campus in Fort Wayne. The entire community is invited to attend.
There is no charge for any of the Kantorei performances.
For more information, call the seminary at 260-452-2224.
Posted Dec. 2, 2009