The Kantorei of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind., will present its winter tour of “Epiphany Lessons and Carols” Jan. 1-16 in 10 Midwestern cities.
The 16-member choir, composed of men studying to become pastors, was founded in 1978 by Kantor Rev. Richard C. Resch, who still serves as director.
Associate Kantor Kevin J. Hildebrand will serve as organist. Rev. Peter F. Gregory of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Fort Wayne, will accompany the Kantorei to serve as preacher and liturgist for the worship services.
The tour schedule is:
- Jan. 1 — 4:30 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Wichita, Kan.
- Jan. 2 — 8:15 and 11 a.m. at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Wichita.
- Jan. 2 — 7 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Topeka, Kan.
- Jan. 3 — 7 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Beatrice, Neb.
- Jan. 4 — 7 p.m. at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Lincoln, Neb.
- Jan. 5 — 7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Jan. 6 — 7 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Louisville, Neb.
- Jan. 7 — 7 p.m. at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Jan. 8 — 7 p.m. at Glory of Christ Lutheran Church, Plymouth, Minn.
- Jan. 9 — 8 and 10:30 a.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Maple Grove, Minn.
The tour culminates with a service at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 16, at Kramer Chapel on the seminary’s campus in Fort Wayne. The entire community is invited to attend.
For more information, call the seminary at 260-452-2224.
Posted Dec. 15, 2010