Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time director of Library Services. The seminary serves students and pastors of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod as well as the general academic community, and equips individuals for ministry in the LCMS. It offers M.Div., S.T.M., M.A. in Deaconess Studies, M.A., Ph.D. and D.Min. degrees.
The director of Library Services will:
- report directly to the vice-president for Academic Affairs.
- assume full responsibility for the operation of a fully functional theological library for resident, commuter and distance students.
- integrate library programs with seminary core values as well as the seminary’s strategic plan.
- recommend changes/improvements in services and technology related to a theological library.
- have supervisory and budgetary responsibility.
- assist the senior vice-president of Advancement to identify potential sources for funding library needs.
- work with faculty to identify key curricular needs of the seminary community as well as participate in relevant national and regional professional library associations.
Applicants must have:
- knowledge of theological and academic library operations, resources and Lutheran theology/history. Pedagogy preferred.
- a master’s degree in Library Science or Theology (or equivalent) — a master’s in both Library Science and Theology is preferred.
- a minimum of five years of library management experience.
A rostered LCMS member is preferred.
Please e-mail resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 314-505-7001, or mail to Concordia Seminary Human Resources, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks to fill the following position: data operations specialist, Financial Aid.
- Concordia College–New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks a staff accountant.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill the following positions: director of MBA Program; director of Library Services; Graduate Program coordinator/Education.
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks to fill the following positions: vice president for Academics; biology; chemistry; Physical Sciences; English; music; journalism; instructional designer.
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: Toxicology/Screening and Drug Safety; Pharmaceutics; Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery; Sport Management.
- Concordia University, Portland, Ore., seeks to fill the following positions: Nursing Program director; professor of nursing.
- Concordia College, Selma, Ala., seeks to fill the following positions: English, education; mathematics; provost.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualiÞcations and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted April 5, 2011