Lutheran Services of Georgia, a statewide social services agency with an annual budget of over $12 million, is searching for a chief executive officer (CEO) to succeed its retiring CEO. The ideal candidate should have a proven record of strategic leadership, fundraising skills and executive management at a similar or larger agency.
Most of Lutheran Services of Georgia’s program revenue is derived from refugee services, adoption, foster care, services for people with developmental disabilities, family intervention services and disaster response as an affiliate of Lutheran Disaster Response. This position would be in Atlanta but requires extensive travel to other statewide offices.
If interested, please send your questions and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia International School Shanghai (CISS), Shanghai, China, seeks a head of school who possesses the clear and passionate vision to lead our vibrant, diverse community of more than 1,300 students (pre-kindergarten through Grade 12), 200-plus experienced faculty, and families who hail from more than 30 nations. Celebrating 13 years of academic excellence in a nurturing Christian environment, CISS provides a 21st century education for expatriate students and families who seek a supportive community and world-class results.
CISS offers an American-based curriculum recognized for its dedication to academic excellence and innovative programs in athletics, fine arts and educational travel. Technology is woven into the curriculum as an integral component of the learning process.
This is an exciting time in Concordia’s history, following the completion of a comprehensive building plan. As an established institution, Concordia views itself as one school community whose mission is to educate students holistically.
Concordia’s reputation for pioneering excellence has grown steadily, not only in Shanghai but also in the global community. The head of school will inherit an international school poised to tackle the challenges of education in 21st century China. The head of school will build upon Concordia’s significant accomplishments by bringing a clear vision and strong administrative and financial skills in order to guide Concordia through the next phase of development for future generations.
CISS is a fully independent, not-for-profit institution with oversight by its board of directors and LCMS World Mission.
- experience as head of school or senior executive leadership necessary.
- doctorate in Administration, Education or related field is preferred.
- strong management skills, including finance, staff development and planning.
- must be a rostered member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
CISS is seeking a leader who:
- is an effective communicator, capable of leading a multicultural learning community and possessing dynamic interpersonal skills.
- is a spiritual and academic leader who embraces the range of disciplines within the school community and inspires the highest standards of academic excellence.
- continues to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff in order to further develop the school’s strengths: community, world-class faculty, use of technology, service learning and reputation.
- is an innovative thinker who can form a cohesive vision for Concordia’s role in global education.
- demonstrates effective problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills within the school’s spiritual values.
- encourages and supports cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity while fostering shared beliefs and a sense of school-wide cooperation.
- promotes and models collaborative leadership in order to maintain close ties and effective working relationships across the campus.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System are seeking candidates for positions:
Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks to fill the position of director of Housing and Residence Life.
Concordia College–New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks to fill the positions of business administration; career development coordinator (part-time); director of Student Health Services (part-time); sign language instructor (part-time); and marketing coordinator.
Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks to fill a faculty position in special education.
Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the positions of vice-president for Institutional Advancement; nursing.
Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks to fill a faculty position in physics.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Aug. 29, 2011