The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Office of National Mission (ONM), St. Louis, calls for nominations for the position of director — Black Ministry. The director is responsible for working within the Office of National Mission. The director will collaborate and coordinate with all ONM ministries to support black ministry throughout the Synod. Other functions of this role include linking the available resources throughout the Synod with the needs of districts and overseeing development of resources to assist congregations in black ministry.
The director will oversee all aspects of leadership training and the development of resources to assist congregations in black ministry.
Position requirements include:
* An ordained minister of the LCMS, faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions, who is supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws and policies.
* 10 years of parish experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the Word and Sacrament ministry of the Church in today’s world.
* Experience in long- and short-range planning techniques and procedures.
* Experience in conducting seminars, conferences, workshops and training events; as well as experience in writing and public speaking to various groups and organizations.
* Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as mentor and provide guidance to individuals within the department as well as within the field.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* It is also desirable that the person has a degree above the Master of Divinity in theology, have post-graduate course work in administration, supervision and leadership.
* Demonstrated experience as a district executive and possess experience in office management, supervising a team of ministry staff.
Deadline for nomination is Friday, June 1. Candidates are to apply online via the LCMS Jobs Board at http://www.lcms.org/jobsboard, where the full job posting also appears. To submit a nomination or for additional information, please email email@example.com or call 314-996-1360 or 800-248-1930, ext. 1360. This position is based at the International Center of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295.
Posted April 25, 2012