The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Office of International Mission calls for nominations for the position of executive director.
Under the leadership and direction of the president, through the chief mission officer, the executive director is responsible for the oversight and supervision of all staff, programs, projects and activities of the work of the Synod in foreign countries. The executive director reports to the chief mission officer; works closely with the executive director of the Office of National Mission, the executive director of Communications, the executive director of Mission Advancement, the executive director of Pastoral Education, the president of the Synod and his staff. The executive director serves as a staff resource to the Board for International Mission and is responsible for oversight and supervision of staff of the Office of International Mission (OIM).
Position requirements include:
- faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran symbols and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws and policies.
- rostered member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, ordained.
- master’s degree in theology, education or related field; or the equivalent in practical knowledge and experience.
- minimum of three years (five years preferred) of experience serving in a nonprofit, church-related organization.
- significant experience supervising staff and volunteers of 25 or more in a complex organization or structure.
- leadership experience in setting vision, providing instructions and guidance, setting goals and motivating teams to succeed.
- keen understanding of the structure of the Synod, programs, beliefs and practices of LCMS.
- knowledge of and familiarity with variety of Synod leadership, rostered workers, auxiliaries and partners of the Synod.
- strong communication abilities, both written and oral.
- ability to supervise, mentor, teach and coach large staff.
- developed global situational awareness, recognizing and appreciating unique factors impacting Lutheran and other religious communities around the world, as well as understanding cultural and environmental factors that influence goals.
Nominations should be submitted by July 1. Candidates are to apply online via LCMS Jobs Board at http://www.lcms.org/jobsboard, where the full job posting also appears. To submit a nomination or for additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 314-996-1360 or 800-248-1930, ext. 1360. This position is based at the International Center of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295.
Posted May 25, 2012