The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Communications department announces an opening for the position of manager of Design Services.
The position is accountable to the director of News and Information and is responsible for administering department projects, budgets and staff to ensure customer satisfaction. The manager also functions as a design consultant and as a designer.
Principal responsibilities for the manager include developing, recommending and administering policy and procedures for the Design Services work team; mentor, train, supervise and provide direction to the staff, including designation of assignments and projects. The manager is expected to provide expertise and counsel to corporate and trust organizations to assist in design and content of print and web pieces in order to provide a harmonious and unified image of the Synod and convey the message desired.
The position also prepares and administers an annual budget; prepares annual reports and special reports as requested.
- bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related communications field, with exceptional design and organizational skills as demonstrated by past projects.
- a minimum of seven years of experience in graphic design.
- demonstrated ability to manage a staff and a multitude of projects.
- demonstrated ability to interact with outside printers and vendors.
- exceptional design skills as demonstrated by projects completed. A strong sense of publication designs.
- firm commitment to accuracy, integrity and clarity in the presentation of information.
- strong appreciation for deadlines and the ability to meet them.
- desired: active member of an LCMS congregation; familiar with Synod structure and organizations.
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply online via http://www.lcms.org/jobsboard. June 29 is the deadline for applications.
For additional information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Human Resources manager, or call 314-996-1368 or 800-248-1930, Ext. 1368.
Lutheran Hour Ministries seeks a mission leader with a heart for global Gospel proclamation to serve the International Ministries Division by overseeing the ministry centers in Europe and other assigned areas, reaching out to the unbelieving world and connecting people to local congregations. The Europe area counselor will function as part of a team of dedicated colleagues and will report directly to the division director. Duties will include helping revise and/or write materials for programs used by the ministry centers (Bible correspondence courses, “Equipping the Saints” workshops, etc.), participating in program and budget planning, staff training and some development activities, and communicating regularly and effectively with ministry center staff personnel, including conducting regular field visits.
- bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, theology and/or missions/missiology, and/or an advanced degree.
- organizational and management experience.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, with a demonstrated capability in managing multiple off-site locations and the associated employees.
- proven experience in the area of education, production of educational materials, teaching, leading workshops, evangelism training, etc.
- thorough knowledge of the Christian faith, as confessed by the Evangelical Lutheran Church, and active membership in a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregation or partner church.
- must be willing to spend appropriate travel time in the region for about two and one-half months per year.
- overseas work experience is preferred, but at minimum, extensive experience in cross-cultural communication is required.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks to fill positions in English, mathematics, psychology and School of Business.
- Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the following position: assistant professor of biology.
- Concordia University, Portland, Ore., seeks to fill the following position: director of special education programs.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
To see other available positions, visit www.lcms.org/jobsboard.
Among the job postings are:
- senior vice president of Gift Planning Services, LCMS Foundation, St. Louis.
- assistant vice-president, Operations, Concordia Plan Services, St. Louis.
- gift planning counselor, LCMS Foundation, Florida.
- call-center representative, LCMS Foundation, St. Louis.
- project manager, Office of National Mission, St. Louis.
Posted May 25, 2012