Through live video streaming and online posts, anyone with computer access should be able to follow (including in real time) the actions and other plenary activities of the Synod’s 65th Regular Convention, July 20-25 in St. Louis.
A tentative schedule lists planned times for all major convention activities — starting with the Opening Divine Service with Holy Communion at 7:30 p.m. (Central Time) Saturday, July 20, through the closing gavel strike at 12:15 p.m. Thursday, July 25.
For that tentative schedule, click here. The schedule is expected to be adopted by delegates on Sunday morning, July 21. However, it could be slightly changed for each day of the convention.
But to make sure of times for scheduled actions on any specific day, see the first page of the convention publication Today’s Business for that day, set to be posted here daily by 7 a.m., beginning with the updated complete schedule on Sunday, July 21.
Live streaming video from the convention will be available here, starting with the opening service (7:30-9 p.m. July 20), and each subsequent day during convention business hours. Through that same link, viewers also may watch archived video highlights of each day’s convention activity.
Convention happenings that viewers may watch in their entirety via the live stream include the following, at times listed in the tentative schedule:
- a Matins service (8-9 a.m. July 21) and daily brief orders of worship at 1:30 p.m. and just before each day’s recess.
- the president’s report (part 3) at 9:30 a.m. July 21.
- essays based on the convention’s “Baptized for This Moment” theme, at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, July 21 and at 10 a.m. Monday-Wednesday, July 22-24.
- balloting for first vice-president and regional vice-presidents, starting at 2:05 p.m. July 21; and balloting for the Synod’s secretary and Board of Directors at 2:10 p.m. July 22, and all other elections at 2:50 p.m. July 22.
- resolutions proposed for delegates’ actions, beginning with an omnibus resolution at 4:10 p.m. Sunday, July 21.
In addition to the live streaming video, viewers can watch daily highlight videos; interviews with Synod officials and international visitors; and additional video coverage at lcms.org/convention. Each evening, videos shown to delegates at the convention will be posted online in their entirety.
Results of all elections will be posted online at lcms.org/convention/nominations. Results of all actions on resolutions will be grouped by floor committees and posted online at lcms.org/convention/overtures.
Those attending the convention are being encouraged to share their convention pictures and videos with the LCMS on Instagram (a mobile application) by using #LCMSConvention.
Updated July 10, 2013