The Kantorei, a 16-voice choir composed of men studying for the pastoral ministry at Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind., will offer a service of Easter Evening Prayer at congregations in Michigan and Indiana April 23–27.
The dates and sites are:
- April 23, 7 p.m., at St. John Lutheran Church, Fraser, Mich.
- April 24, 6:30 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, Au Gres, Mich.
- April 25, 7 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, Traverse City, Mich.
- April 26, 5 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, St. Joseph, Mich.
- April 27, 9 a.m., Immanuel Lutheran Church, Decatur, Ind.
- April 27, 4 p.m., Concordia Theological Seminary, Kramer Chapel, Fort Wayne.
The choir is directed by Kantor Richard Resch, who founded the Kantorei in 1978. Resch plans to retire at the end of this academic year, so this will be his last tour.
“This year’s Kantorei ranks as one of the finest choirs I have had the privilege to direct,” Resch said. “I am delighted to be ending my touring career with these talented singers.”
Accompanying organist will be Concordia Theological Seminary (CTS) Associate Kantor Kevin Hildebrand. The Rev. Dr. Arthur Just Jr., professor of Exegetical Theology at CTS, will serve as preacher.
Posted April 8, 2014