In keeping with “Native American Heritage Month” in November, Lutheran Indian Ministries (LIM) is offering a number of resources to congregations that want to observe “Native American Sunday” on Nov. 16, or an alternate date.
The resources available free from the LIM website are:
- worship materials — including a gathering prayer, Scripture readings, a responsive reading, hymn suggestions, a benediction and The Lord’s Prayer in the Cree language.
- bulletin inserts — print-ready in color or black-and-white.
- an adult Bible study — with print-ready Facilitators Guide and a handout for participants.
- worship-service videos — includes four 2- to 3-minute videos and a 5-minute “summary” video.
- giving response card and giving-envelope template.
Lutheran Indian Ministries, a ministry of the Lutheran Association of Missionaries and Pilots U.S. Inc., shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Native Americans and seeks to identify, recruit, equip and empower Native men and women to become spiritual leaders among their own people.
For more information about LIM, visit LutheranIndianMinistries.org or contact Kathleen Walrath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-783-5267. Based in Brookfield, Wis., LIM is an LCMS Recognized Service Organization.
Posted Nov. 10, 2014